Chapter 13

"It is you right? Tell me I am wrong." 

Mabuti na lamang ay natapos din kaagad ang musika. I curtsy at him tanda ng pagtatapos ng sayaw.

"Nice to meet you, Your Highness. However, I am no one like you think I am." saad ko. Nakakunot ang noo niya saka umiling. Alam kong hindi ganoon kadaling lokohin si Valerian.

"Prince Valerian, Greetings your Highness." bati ni Rufus mula sa likuran ko.

Saka palang ako nakahinga ng maluwag nang nasa tabi ko na si Rufus. 

"Duke Wynfir. I see that you are already married. That's fast." Prince Valerian commented, meaningfully taking a glimpse of me.

"I already marked what's mine your highness, before someone else could take it away without prior notice." Rufus said like he meant something. Tinakpan ko ng pamaypay ang kalahati ng muka ko para harangan ang nagbabadya kong ngiti. 

In my past life, both these gentlemen were dying to have Lemisha Periwinkle. Now the Crown Prince win and soon Lady Periwinkle will become his crown princess. Napatingin ako sa paligid habang naguusap ang dalawa ng masinsinan. 

Hinahanap ng mga mata ko si Lemisha. Hindi naman ako na dissappoint nang makita ko siya na pinapaligiran ng maraming kababaihan. She shines like a rare jewel. Like an item that can be found once in a century. One of a kind beauty. 

She must just arrived cause it is impossible that  I did not see her on the dance floor when she was the Crown Prince's fiance.

"Are you alright? Did the prince say something strange to you?" Asked Rufus as he turned to me.  Valerian now is approaching her princess. 

"She's truly a beauty." Sabi ko habang tinitingnan kung gaano kaganda ang ngiti ni Lady Periwinkle. She's the opposite of me. I can tell. She attracted crowds, people tend to love her unknowingly. She smiles a lot like she is the happiest, she looks kind and has everything life has to offer. 

That lady must also be loved by the gods that they gave her everything.

"Yes she is." parang may kumurot sa puso ko ng marinig ko iyon galing kay Rufus. Kita ng mga mata ko kung paano niya tingnan ngayon si Lady Periwinkle so I looked away. 

Gusto kong tanungin sa kanya kung ganoon niya kagusto si Lemisha bakit hindi niya ipinaglaban? Is it because he's friends with the crown prince? Is it for the good of everyone else? Pero naalala ko, I am just a contractual wife. I don't have the right to question His Grace about his decision.

We all have reasons for doing things, same for the Duke. Same for me.

"She's also fragile and genuine. It will only break her if I force her to choose me." 

"Indeed." iyon lamang ang lumabas sa bibig ko. Hindi ko alam kung ano itong agam agam na nararamdaman ko ngayon. I don't understand it.

While the Duke was busy talking with a few gentlemen, sharing each other's company I was here in the middle of the crowds. Standing alone in a table with only my drinks on the top, having no company to talk to. I decided na lumayo sa mga kalalakihan since its not normal for a woman to be with those bunches and make my own company as well, however ladies seems aloof of my existence. Pakiramdam ko tuloy ay hindi ako makahinga, kaya naman ay iniwan ko na ang table ko ay nagdesisyon na magpahangin muna sa labas.

"Hello, Duchess."

A lady with an intimidating face blocked my way out. Marahas niyang isinara ang pamaypay niya. I see her as the type of woman who nonchalantly bullies someone that she doesn't like. By her improper way of greeting me, she must be someone higher in society, or just a brat daughter of someone powerful.