chapter 13 (pt2)

Začít od začátku

Safwanah, still in her aunt's arms, thought of what she said. Surely, she was always getting nervous in his presence and the blushing too ya Allah!.

But was that really love? And could she fall in love with him within such a short span? He was her brother's friend for Allah's sake. But then Murad is too and she did not at all feel that way about him.

"Does this question have to do with a certain young man with curly hair and grey eyes?" Asked ammati, causing Safwanah to blush profusely and hide her face in her aunt's chest.

"I do not even know ammati, my cheeks go all hot and red in his presence and my heart beat increases as though a lion is at my heels. Murad akhi is also akhi ' s friend but I consider him as an elder brother. Marwan on the other hand, I just do not know.......

Do you think I am losing my sanity by saying all these ammati? What exactly is wrong with me? I am just so confused!!"

"Dear child, what you are feeling is perfectly normal. You are not losing your sanity at all. My child from my experience, I believe you have feelings for Marwan."

Safwanah ' s head snapped immediately from her aunt's chest and she let out a gasp.
" Bu... but... but..." Ammati held up her hand to stop Safwanah from objecting or stammering and holding her hands said,"Let me finish dearest.

I know what you are thinking. You are thinking how can it happen so fast and how is it even possible. There are no real explanations for why we fall on in love or even how. It just happens. The steps we take after realising what we feel is what is very important.

You cannot let your feelings compromise your principles and the guidelines Nabiyy (SAW) has set for us. We are to obey Allah in whatever we do and must keep issues related to such feelings halal.

My Safwanah, if you really do have feelings for Marwan and I am sure you do, open up your heart to Allah. Pray Istikharah like you always do when you want to make decisions, after all, this is another important decision you have to make.

May Allah pave the way for you and bless you with that which is best for you."

Safwanah hugged her aunt affectionately and kissed both of her cheeks.

" Jazakillahu khairan ammati, I am grateful for this eye opening advice. I will put it into practice. I shall leave now, ma'asalam."

With that, she left her aunt who smiled at her retreating figure before turning back to look at her husband's picture again.

Our children have grown so mature and intelligent habibi. I wish you were here to feel as proud of them as I do, she thought, hugging his portrait close.

Marwan, who was taking a walk in the palace had heard every bit of their conversation.

**********