The car stopped in front of the hotel where an executive suite was booked for them. Hyra liked the suite. She wasn't particularly fond of staying in hotels after that incident, but this suite was really nice. It had a bedroom, a sitting room, and an attached balcony with a table and chairs, offering a beautiful view of the sea.

Hyra stood near the glass wall, looking at the view in front of her when Hayder approached and pulled her into the embrace of his arms.

"Aap pehle bhi yaha achuke hain?"

(Have you been here before?)

"Ek do baar business ki wajah se." Hayder had travelled to many countries, but always for work. He neither had a passion for sightseeing nor had much time. However, for Shahzaib and Kubra, he made sure both of them enjoyed their life freely and could go wherever they wanted to.

(A couple of times for business.)

"Tumhare liye kuch order karu? Kya khana hai?" Hyra hadn't eaten anything on the flight; she was too scared.

(Shall I order something for you? What do you want to eat?)

"Jo apka dil chahe." Hayder smiled at Hyra's response, his dimples becoming visible.

(Whatever you want to.)

"Itni farmabardar meri har baat pe hua karo." Hayder teased her.

(Be obedient to my every command.)

"Apki konsi baat nahi manti main?" Hyra was ready for an argument, freeing herself from Hayder's arm and looking at him.

(When do I not obey you?)

"Daat khane ke baad hi manti ho." Hayder murmured undertone.

(You only obey after being scolded.)

Hyra had protested coming to Dubai as well. When Hayder didn't agree, she was about to seek the final but strong support of Hanif Mirza, but before that, Hayder had already talked to Hanif Mirza about taking Hyra with him, and Hanif Mirza had also agreed that Hyra should go; it would freshen her mood. But Hyra's mood soured at this, and she started packing only after getting scolded by Hayder. "Tumhe waha le jake kidnap nahi kar lunga main jo itna darr rahi ho. Chup chap apni packing karo."

(I won't kidnap you once we're there, since you're so scared. Just pack your bags.)

•••

Kubra instructed Noura to let the biryani cook on low heat and then went to her room to freshen up.

Today, she decided to cook Sarim's favourite dishes. She had already asked Azma Randhawa about Sarim's preferences over the phone, and now she had prepared chicken biryani, seekh kebabs, boondi raita, and kheer according to his taste. Now, after freshening up, she picked out a lovely blue suit to wear.

On the second day of their marriage, Azma had to go to Canada. Then, a few days were spent in understanding the dynamics of the household and getting to know Sarim better, during which Rafey and Uswa's wedding functions began. In all this, Kubra inadvertently neglected her relationship with Sarim. Now Kubra feels that perhaps it's because of this carelessness that Sarim keeps his distance from her, so she is making a conscious effort to mend things now.

She had straightened her hair and was putting on earrings when a message came on her phone. Quickly wearing the earring into her other ear too, she headed towards the bed and picked up her phone. She expected it would be a message from Hyra; Kubra had asked her to send lots of pictures after reaching Dubai.

But it was a message from Sarim.

*I have a dinner meeting tonight; I'll be late. Tum dinner kar lena.*