⋆ ★poa ⟿ moony, [censored], padfoot and prongs★⋆

Start from the beginning

Black just heaved a sigh. 

Harry wanted more of a reaction. Black didn't deserve to stay quiet. He wrenched his arm out of Hermione's grip, but struggled slightly with Y/N's. When he did, she loosened her hold, but held his hand.

"What's wrong, Black? Gone soft in Azkaban?" Harry taunted. 

"Harry!" Hermione groaned. "Be quiet!"

"Harry, stop," Y/N whispered warningly in his ear, her breath tickling his neck. "You're making this worse than it needs to be-" 

"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry roared. It hurt him, to see Y/N's face, but he broke free from Hermione's grasp and lunged at Black. 

Harry forgot he was thirteen and wandless, whereas Black was a full-grown wizard with a wand. He didn't care - all he knew was that he wanted to hurt Black and he didn't care about the hurt he got in return. 

"HARRY!" Y/N shrieked.

Possibly out of shock, Black didn't raise the wand in time. Harry grabbed his waxen wrist, pointing the wands that Black had stolen away and bashed his fist into Black's head.

Y/N and shouting, Hermione and screaming and Ron was yelling. There was a blinding flash as the wands Black held shot a spell that missed Harry by centimeters. 

Harry felt Black's thin arm twist under his, but he kept punching- 

Black's free hand found Harry's throat.

"No," Black hissed. "I've waited too long..." 

His skinny fingers tightened, constricting Harry's airways, Harry choked, glasses askew...

Hermione's foot came out of nowhere, kicking Black in the stomach. He let go with a grunt of pain. 

"And stay down," Hermione warned, stance defiant. 

Another long groan emitted from his mouth and Harry realized that Y/N had stomped on his stomach for good measure.  

"Fuck you," Y/N spat. "You and your goddamn Deatheaters." 

Harry knew that it was personal to Y/N, too, since her parents were tortured by Voldemort's followers.

There was a clatter as the wands fell from Black's grip. Y/N hastily collected them and handed them out to their respective owners.

"Thanks," Harry muttered. 

"Don't mention it," Y/N said, trying to catch her breath. 

Sprawled on the floor near the bed, Black laid. Harry approached him and came to halt, wand directed at his chest. 

"Going to kill me, Harry?" Black asked in a crazed whisper. 

"You killed my parents," Harry said, not answering, his voice shaky. His hand was steady, though. 

Black stared up at him through sunken eyes. "I do not deny it..." he said quietly. "But if you knew the whole story-" 

Harry gave a derisive laugh, "The whole story?" he said. "You sold them to Voldemort! That's all I need to know."  

"You've got to listen to me," Black told him. There was a note of urgency in his voice, now. 

"We'll listen," Ron said comfortingly. 

"Really?" Black asked, his eyes alighting with hope. 

"Yeah," Ron said. Then, his face suddenly hardened. "Through the bars of your cell." 

Again, Black groaned, "You'll regret it if you don't...you don't understand..."

"I understand better than you think I do," Harry said coldly. "You never heard her did you? My mum...screaming, trying, pleading with Voldemort so he wouldn't kill me... you did that."