In Hunter's Hands

Ello. Let's see if this scheduled publish thing works, shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP

HEROBRINE'S POV

    No... no, please–

    One missed, and the other two coiled about my torso, leaving only my left arm free. These weapons had heavy weights that cracked mercilessly into my ribs, my arm. Stark fear allowed me to stagger upright, hardly even realizing I could no longer lift my right arm.

    I had to teleport, I couldn't risk capture!

    My eyes lifted to the sky, my view of the clouds blocked by descending pairs of great wings.

    Oh... perhaps that was how they found me.

    My wounds had begun to ache fiercely, though terror drove me to ignore it. I released a pulse of energy, calling myself into the pull of the void, trying to rip myself away–

    I teleported, slammed into a tree, and I was down.

    Everything blurred around me, my limbs... so heavy.

    Even my senses seemed to dull, muffle. My hearing came and went, fading in and out just as my sight. The only thing I could acutely sense was the horrid pain in my legs, my ribs, and arm, and the cold, harsh stone pressing into my cheek.

    Not yet... not yet.

    I'm not ready...

    Forms emerged above me, blocking my view of the clouds.

    Run.

END RECAP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Hunter's Hands

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEROBRINE'S POV

     The cold was startlingly strong when I next woke.

     Usually... my body could withstand it, fight it off. Now... it was weak, and icy, numbing cold creeping over my skin, sinking into my bones.

     Warm breath left my lips, accompanied by a groan I could not hold back. Cold metal leeched still more heat where it rested against my arms, biting into my wrists and legs. The cold numbed... but it did not numb everything. Pain was the very next sensation my mind grasped... dull, throbbing aches all over. It confused me, the lack of sharp stinging from open wounds. Arguably, this pain was far worse, but I could do nothing about it.

     "....hear him?"

     "Yes.... Awake."

     I couldn't help but shift, inhaling harshly as the tiniest of movements were rewarded with horrible spikes of pain through one arm. It was... startling, how intense the sensation was. My very bones felt weak, as though my breaths could crack the ribs.

     What... what had they done to me?

     A hand landed on my shoulder, and I jerked. Once again, the aching throbbing took my breath away, shooting through my arm, and radiating from the cuts the hunter's blades had dealt me.