Keep Her Safe

Boiiiii

Couldn't think of music, stunning picture is by nalina24 on Deviantart! Very beautiful and gudd talent :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP

      "Th-then I will run. I will hide and run forever...until he knows I will not threaten him again..."

      "It's his world, he made everything we stand on, the air we breathe, right? You're trying to hide in something he created."

      "I have to try!!"

     My shout was...sharper than I had wanted, likely due to the pain I was fighting. Ava fell silent, and I didn't miss her suddenly much-quicker heartbeat.

     "I-I have to try...you don't understand."

     I turned my face away, forcing my narrowed eyes closed, preparing for more memories to force themselves into my head, "W-when I wake, I will g-get more food for you..."

     "...alright."

      And then I was wrapped in shards of darkness.

END RECAP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep Her Safe

HEROBRINE'S POV

      The quiet sounds of Ava breathing, her stomach groaning from hunger, was what I woke to.

     Fearful I had been asleep for much longer than I expected, I forced a heavy hand up, waving it. I felt food appear, pulled yet again from the nearest location I could feel. Hopefully, this wouldn't give us away.

     Ava didn't speak a word, simply falling upon the food in quiet desperation.

      My shattered, broken mind had, at last, received the final memories I had locked away, and my head ached as it tried to sort out the missing pieces, like a puzzle of broken glass.

      However, my body now felt stronger. I was indeed exhausted from such a harsh and sudden force of memories invading my mind, but I could feel within me the necessary energy to take the human to a place of safer refuge.

      Somewhere she would not have to wait days to eat or be forced to remain trapped with her family's murderer.

       ...somewhere that she would not have to fear getting caught in the crossfire of my past.

      Someone lived nearby, I was sure of it. Perhaps, if the person was trustworthy, I could hand Ava over— with plenty of threats of what I'd do should I find her harmed—and then flee alone.

      I could hide, I could run. This world was vast and spacious... surely no group of humans could hope to catch up with me.

     Then... maybe my creator would give up and finally let me alone...

      Perhaps he would finally disown me, wash his hands of my miserable failures. I could be alone, abandoned, but alive... Never would I rise up against him again.

      I would just... have to try and live with myself and my mistakes.

     I was simply too afraid of the punishment I had certainly mounted upon my shoulders...