Find My Boy...and Bring Him Home Again

Eyy this one's a bit longer than the others...consider it a "yEehaw I'm back bois"

Golly growing up is....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Vote if you likeeeee! I appreciate seeing so many people still reading these books...I started them so long ago and now I feel old haha.

LOOP MUSIC ABOVE IM TELLING U IS GORGEOUS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP

      Straightening my shoulders a bit, I set my jaw, stubbornly looking Notch in the eye. Confidence from I know not where poured into me, "I...I accept this quest, with all the intent to bring him back...alive."

      The smile that spread over Notch's face nearly banished the doubt still swimming in the back of my mind, so I continued, "I...only speak for myself in this matter. I will ask my followers myself to accompany me...and I am sure they will have their own questions...which reminds me. Who is to be our leader?"

      The corners of Notch's eyes crinkled a little as his smile widened, "I thank you for your conviction...and for accepting my request."

     His large hand settled on my shoulder, squeezing lightly as he continued, "And...if possible...you will lead them."

END RECAP

Find My Boy...and Bring Him Home Again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAMON'S POV

     I stood, a bit stunned, for several seconds at Lord Notch's decree. I would lead...again? Surely there were more with better battle tactics...

     My musings were interrupted by a sudden, soft step that startled me out of my thoughts. My eyes flicked up, towards the tall form of a Valkyrie with deep black, massive wings, and silver-white armor approaching from down the hall. My head only rose just past his armored shoulders, and his lightly-tanned face was creased in a slight frown, his yellowish eyes boring into mine. The slight...warning there made a few chills race up my spine.

     What...made me so wary around this winged one...?

    Tucking a long strand of silken, black hair behind a delicately pointed ear, he cleared his throat, gaze meeting Notch's instead, "My Lord..."

     "Yes, Skyrior?"

    The Valkyrie placed his right fist, encased in more elegant armor, over his breastplate, bowing slightly in acknowledgment of his lord, "I could not help but overhear your decree my lord...my apologies. However...I cannot help but ask why one of your generals was chosen...or perhaps a captain."

     His tone gave his dissatisfaction away plainly, and I realized he exhibited signs of...jealousy? Perhaps even resentfulness?

     The thought caught me off-guard. These higher beings felt envy as well??

     And towards a mere mortal such as myself?

     Notch's voice held a smile as he replied evenly, "Generals...such as yourself, Skyrior?"

     The Valkyrie seemed disgruntled as he shifted slightly, lowering his head a bit.

      "Yes...my lord."