Part 8 - First night

They arrived at the Airbnb place quite early. 

When they stopped and got out of the car, Jasmine noticed the flowers in front of the house and said she liked the. 

Steve helped her carry her things to the room. Jasmine was okay with the accommodation;          it was clean and had everything they needed. They both logged in to the internet on their phones, using the password left for them in the room. After Jasmine unpacked, she told Steve that they could cook something for lunch. Jasmine wanted to make rice and chicken, they had everything, except one thing: chicken breasts. 

Steve said he would go to the local shopand get it, and he went. Before he was gone, he asked Jasmine if she want a drink, but she said she will drink tea. 

Steve went shopping and came back quickly and began to help Jasmine in preparing lunch. After amoment, Jasmine told him that she would cook by herself, and that he would wash the dishes. Steve agreed and went to their room and checked out the German TV while waiting. 

Jasmine called him when the meal was ready. Hecame, and they sat down together at the table which was there in the middle of the kitchen 

"Wow, this is so good!" 

Steve said after first bite, Jasmine smiled. 

"I really like it, it tastes so good, it's way better than going to some take away bar." 

"Yes, and it is healthy because we know what we use." 

"Yes, that's true, Jasmine, they tend to add a lotof artificial stuff nowadays." 

They finished eating what they had on their plates but there was still more rice chicken left on the frying pan. 

"We can have it for tomorrow," 

Jasmine said. 

"Yes, absolutely, it is delicious, and we're saving money too." 

When they both finished Steve packed the leftovers for tomorrow, washed all the dishes and  tidied up the kitchen. After that he decided to go and take a shower. 

When he came back after his shower to the room, Jasmine asked him if he could help her take the mattress down to the floor. Steve at first did not understand what Jasmine wanted to do. 

"I want to put one of the mattresses from the bed here, and I will sleep here." 

"Jasmine, why? The bed is very big we will easily fit in it together and there would still be alot of space left." 

"I know, but I want be able to sleep." 

"Really? Should we try and see?" 

"No, I know I will not be able to sleep." 

"Jasmine you don't have to be worry, I will nottry to touch you or do anything, I promise" 

"No, Steve, I want to sleep here on the mattress." 

And she pointed the floor next to the bed. 

"Okay." 

And Steve helped her pull it out from off the bed and lay it on the floor. After they had done it, Jasmine organised herspace and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Steve was thinking about what had just happened, and he was not sure if Jasmine still liked him, like she had seemed to do when they were chatting over video calls. If she had changed now, or if this has something to do with Filipino norms regarding relations between men and women. Whether this had something to do with what were accepted as the correct norms of behaviour, he did not know what to think. 

He felt that from the moment Jasmine had sat down in the car that she was somehow withdrawn, like not the same Jasmine he knew from the internet. Maybe after she had seen him in real life, she had changed her mind and was not interested in him anymore. 

He did consider such an option before he went for this trip.On the other hand, he was telling himself inside his head to wait and be patient, not to make any rush judgments yet. Just let the situation unfold naturally and see what happens in those days coming ahead. 

When Jasmine came back from her shower, she was covered only in a towel and was smelling very nice. Her hair was wet and very dark, her skin was also still a little wet; 

she was looked very sexy. She asked Steve if he could turn his head away for a few seconds. 

"Yes, of course." 

Steve looked through the window and Jasmine dressed in her pyjamas. Her pyjamas were satin weave, in a dark purple colour. They both were now lying down: 

Steve on thevery big bed, Jasmine on the big mattress on the floor, and they both were on their phones. Jasmine was texting with somebody, and Stevewas studying google maps.After a while, Steve turned off his phone, turned out the light down in the room and went to go to sleep.

 "Good night, Jasmine," 

"Good night," 

she replied and was watching something on her phone. Steve put his head on the pillow and soon fell asleep, he had very strong, deep sleep. 

In the morning when he woke up, he looked atJasmine, she was still asleep. She looked beautiful while sleeping, she was so close to him and at the same time so far away, Steve thought.He did not want to wake her up, he went to the bathroom to get ready. When he returned to the room, Jasmine was not sleeping any more. 

"Hi Jasmine! Did you sleep well?" 

"Yes." 

And she went to the bathroom. When she cameback she was already dressed. 

"Ready for breakfast? Would like some cereal, Jasmine? I have some bran flakes," 

"I only like chocolate cereal." 

"Ah okay, I will go to the grocery shop and get you some." 

"Can you also get some fresh sweet buns?" 

"Yes of course I will get something for you.I almost forgot I also have this, maybe you would like to try?" 

And Steve brought from fridge two cartons of Vla, one vanilla and one chocolate. He passed the cartons to her, to show her. 

"What is it?" 

"It is a very special Dutch drink, I bought it when I was passing through Holland on the way here, it is a very tasty nice drink, you have to try it." 

"Maybe later, thanks." 

And she gave the cartons back to Steve. He took them and put them back in the fridge. 

"Maybe you want to go with me, and see the German shop?" 

"No, I think I will stay here." 

"Okay, I will go, I will be back soon." 

"See you," 

Steve returned promptly and they had breakfast.Jasmine had some choco hoops with milk, and sweet buns, Steve had only bran flakes with milk. When they finished, they started packing and getting ready for the trip. 

Today's destination was Amsterdam, according toSteve's checking of google maps yesterday, it would take them about four to five hours to get there from Hollenstedt, which was where they were right now. 

It would be easy trip, he thought, 

"the road is very good quality, we have good,sunny weather, and we are not in a hurry at all." 

They put all their stuff into the car; Steve helped Jasmine with her stuff as she had twice as muchof everything as him. 

They said 'thank you' to Claire the Airbnb host, and were soon on their way to their Airbnb in Amsterdam. 

Jassजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें