Saying Goodbye (Darien)

Start from the beginning

I didn't see how that was possible.

Not without her.

"Can you just...can you teleport me there?" I asked her. "Teleport me home."

"Darien...." She dropped her hand.

"Just for a second," I said pleadingly. "I won't go in. I won't go near them."

"If a magic user retraces your steps," Rose spoke carefully.

"Please," I said, eyes welling. "Please. I just...I just want to see my kids one more time."

"Darien." She shook her head. "You can't."

My expression scrunched as I nodded, a few tears falling down my cheeks. I didn't bother to wipe them away. I just wanted to go home. "Can you...if I write something.... A letter?"

Rose seemed hesitant but nodded.

I found a pen and a piece of parchment and scribbled on it quickly.

	With a heavy chest, I handed the note to Rose, who tucked it away inside her bra

With a heavy chest, I handed the note to Rose, who tucked it away inside her bra. My eyebrows pulled together a little, and without meaning to, I might've visualised them for a moment–the image was soothing. Nonetheless, Rose gave me a flat look before she smacked me upside the head. I rubbed the spot with a scowl. "What? I'm dead and married, not Aurora."

"Whatever, I can still read your thoughts, Valentine."

I rolled my eyes in response. "I assure you that my wife would understand. You have very good tits–she knows you have good tits."

Rose's eyes narrowed. "You...told your wife about my tits?"

"Of course I did. They're the tits of an angel. She was curious."

Rose blinked slowly. "They're just tits...regular tits. It's not like they're gold plated or grant wishes or anything...."

"They're...very symmetrical, like fake-looking but in a natural way that defies gravity."

Rose squinted. "Did you tell anyone else about my tits?"

"No." I shook my head. "Well, I wrote a book about it."

"You wrote a book about it?!"

"Two."

"Two?!"

"Technically, I based these islands in the books from your breasts."

"What?"

"I needed like a visual so I had an artist draw them."

"What the fuck," she said.

"It wasn't weird until my son stole that image."

Rose's jaw fell open.

"No, no, no. It's okay, it was the gay one."