Chapter 43

You reached Ms Rosalyne's cabin and knocked on the door before opening it to go inside.

"Good morning, ma—" your words got caught in your throat as you saw not only Ms Rosalyne but also Ms Lisa inside. Ms Rosalyne was seated in her chair while Ms Lisa was standing beside her and seemed to be saying something as both of them looked quite shocked when you came in.

"Oh, uh, good morning.... did I disturb you both?"

Ms Lisa awkwardly looked at Ms Rosalyne who instead glared back at her and whispered a stern 'No' causing Ms Lisa to roll her eyes in annoyance then clear her throat to speak.

"Not at all, Y/n. Good morning to you too~" Ms Lisa greeted in her usual cheerful tone then walked towards the door.

"Well, I'll take my leave. Don't forget what I said, Rosa~" Ms Lisa waved at her friend and caressed your face before walking out, leaving you alone with Ms Rosalyne who seemed to have something to say to you but decided not to.

"Uh, is everything okay, ma'am?" you asked Ms Rosalyne and she quickly nodded.

"Y-Yes, don't worry about it, Y/n. Come and have a seat, I hope you reached without any problems."

"Ah, yes, there were no problems. I was surprised when it started raining though, I didn't know Mondstadt has rains in January."

"It's not going to be an occurrence; it happens due to the western disturbances so it'll only be a few days and not too heavy either."

"I see, good thing I always keep an umbrella and a change of clothes in my car."

Ms Rosalyne nodded with a smile, "Certainly. Well, let's not waste more time. Nobody else is coming today so we can study here only, at 1 pm there is a seminar which I have to attend out of obligation so you can either go back by then or attend the seminar too."

"What's the seminar about?"

"Hmm, I'm not too sure but the speaker is a partner of the institute. I would assume it's business-related but they have called students from pre final year so it could be placement related too. I'll receive more details soon."

"I see, I don't mind attending then. We... uh, I-I can spend more time here...."

You looked down with a blush and Ms Rosalyne softly smiled, "Alright, I'll take you with me."

You nodded with a smile then began your studies with her, starting from discussing the thesis then moving on to study the syllabus. In the back of Ms Rosalyne's mind, there was something she wanted to talk to you about but decided it's unwise to waste your study time with that. Still, no matter how much she tried to see it as a petty issue, she couldn't forget about it.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A few minutes ago, before you came to Ms Rosalyne's cabin. 

Ms Lisa was gazing at the falling rain from the window of her library when she decided to make herself a cup of tea and sit on one of the window panes, taking in the cool breeze and feeling relaxed. Some moments later she looked down to see a car enter the gate could vaguely make out it was you in the driver's seat but she had no idea of the person in the passenger seat beside you. She squinted her eyes and continued looking until you stepped out and her eyes widened seeing the woman with you, she did not know who it was but the closeness between you two made her suspicious.

She wished she could hear what you were talking about but she was too far away. She looked at the way you smiled at each other before the woman eventually embraced you rather intimately, and a blush was evident on your face as well. Her mouth hung open with a low gasp at the scene and she wasted no time to make her way to her friend's cabin, eager to inform what she saw.