Chapter 10

"If money is the problem, Mrs L/n, then I can pay for the reevaluations."

Your mother looked at her wide-eyed, "N-No, not at all, Ms Rosalyne! That's going too far, I can never ask such a favor especially from you!"

"Mrs L/n, trust me, I really don't mind. We are doing this for Y/n's sake, after all."

Your mother contemplated for a good amount of time before finally agreeing to the suggestion. She was extremely reluctant but gave in seeing Rosalyne's kindness and willingness to help you; perhaps, she hoped for a miracle to happen.

"By the way, Mrs L/n, if you don't mind me asking....is Y/n undergoing some treatment for her disorder?"

"No, there isn't any specified treatment for such disorders. There are no medications or procedures, only therapy is somewhat helpful but it's difficult to maintain consistency with the sessions on top of them being expensive. I had her take medicines for other symptoms in the beginning like sleep disturbance and anxiety which improved her condition and she was able to slowly get back on track with her normal lifestyle."

"I see....I hope she continues recovering. She is a good student and very hard-working, I'm sure she'll do well."

Rosalyne smiled in assurance, making your mother relieved, "Thank you, I'm just glad she got a teacher like you to help in studies. If there's any way I can help you or your family then feel free to reach out to me."

Rosalyne nodded with a smile then bid farewell to your mother and made her way to her class. The week passed by in a flash as you continued with your usual routine, your mother and Ms Rosalyne decided to not disclose to you about the reevaluation- hoping to surprise you in case something good comes out of it. After finally getting to know your full condition, Rosalyne decided to make some changes to your weekend study plan as she understood what you were really lacking and how to tackle it.

It was now Friday evening and Rosalyne was sitting at her apartment after returning from the institute, she hoped for it to be an easygoing evening where she could cook something nice for herself and watch her favorite show until a message came at her faculty group. She picked up her phone with a sigh, too exhausted to look at any work but her responsibility as a head bound her.

Dean Akito: All heads are requested to ensure submission of mid-term question paper and answer key by 10 am tomorrow.

She sighed and took out her laptop to make quick work of this so that she could be free and have time of herself, she preferred to do it by tonight as she knew she won't get time in the morning next day. She opened her departmental folder and official mail to cross check all the papers sent by her faculty members of different branches having chemistry as a subject and compiled them in a single folder arranged in ascending order by class.

Normally, she would have done this work without the Dean's reminder but she had been occupied with other things so much that it slipped her mind, not that it was a problem as she was usually ahead with all deadlines knowing the kind of teachers in her department. Almost 15 minutes later, she looked at the compiled folder one last time to ensure all classes had been covered.

"There's the first year of engineering, first, second and third year of B.Sc....first and second year of M.Sc as well as honors....that makes it 8 papers so far. Hmm....I feel there's one missing."

She squinted her eye and opened the combined schedule of her department to check the classes covered, she went through the list of classes her department had this year and counted the papers accordingly until she finally realised what was wrong and stopped in her tracks.