Chapter 3

The new week began at the dawn of early light, you had informed your mother about staying back for Ms Rosalyne's extra classes hence she prepared an additional lunch box for you and also did basic dinner preparation in advance. You had determined yourself to learn and improve with Ms Rosalyne's guidance, and hoped everything would go as you wanted. 

"There's still time, I can do better....I have to."

You reached for your first lecture for the day which was Ms Rosalyne's class; for the first time, there was full attendance in your class and you concluded it was due to the result and her scolding but you didn't have hopes for the extra classes to be the same given how many students had requested her to make them optional. The door softly opened and Ms Rosalyne walked in, wearing one of her usual crimson shirt and black pencil skirt set, her same black embroidered eyepatch and her shiny blonde hair tied into two rosebuns halfway and a side partition falling down her patch.

The university had a strict dress code for teachers to maintain professionalism and inculcate discipline in students by taking their teachers as example. You weren't the kind to really take note of other people's clothes but you had noticed Ms Rosalyne seemed to have a set wardrobe for each day of the week. To be fair, you thought it was quite efficient of her to do this. Not only was everything organised and matching well, her choices were simply gorgeous that accentuated her beauty in all the right ways.

"Good morning, class."

The slam of the thick lesson manual made everyone stand up and turn their attention towards her to give her a pleasant greeting.

"Oh my, it's the first time I'm seeing full attendance in this class for a lecture. Well, glad to know you finally came to your senses. Seems like I chose the perfect day to introduce a new lesson structure. Sit down and open your notebooks immediately."

She ordered and everyone quickly took out their belongings then waited for her to begin. She switched on the projector and connected her laptop in the meanwhile then played a video from her files.

"I always send additional content like this on your mails for referencing at home but I know well that none of you bother to open it. From now on, I'll be covering these in the class alongside our usual content and no, this doesn't give you the opportunity to take a nap in my class. Sit straight!"

Everyone immediately shifted in their placed to assume an attentive posture and intently watched the video. You jotted down notes and important points from the video and didn't notice Ms Rosalyne had silently walked beside your seat and was looking down at your notebook. She leaned down slightly and placed her finger on a point then whispered in your ear, catching you off guard.

"It's C6 not C8."

Her angelic voice brushed past your ear and you glanced at her face being so close to you making you notice some details on her patch since she swiped her hair behind her ear, "Is the text not visible enough? You should have told me to zoom in."

"N-No, ma'am, it's alright. I just miswrote."

She nodded then stood back up and walked up to the front to pause the video and explain herself. You exhaled in relief then pondered back to what you saw, "I never realised the patch has a rose-like pattern.....did she get it custom made? Well, considering she wears it all the time it's possible she got a few stylish ones made, her fashion choices are really outstanding....Though, I wonder why she wears it in the first place? Maybe a-"

"Y/n, could you briefly recall what we covered today?"

Ms Rosalyne interrupted your thoughts, making you quickly stand up and glance at the board then at your notes to form an answer.