Chapter 28

It was early December now, the arrival of ice and snow and the starting of semester end holidays. You didn't have a particularly fond memory of this season despite the fact that your birthday was part of it; in fact, the most recent memory associated with it brought you pain and trauma. To some extent, you didn't want to go out at all during this time. You feared similar things might happen again even though you knew that was highly unlikely. 

You stayed at home, catching up on some studying and assignments as discussed with Ms Rosalyne. She had told you how crucial the holidays would be for studies, and she trusted you to be serious unlike most other students. What you didn't expect was to receive a call from none other than Ms Lisa somewhere around the 5th of December, inviting you out for a 'date' as she put it....

"Hi, Y/n! How are you?"

"I'm good, ma'am. What about you? You finally have holidays now, right?"

"Hehe, yes we do! Ahh, I can't wait to curl up in my blanket all day and just sleep!~"

"Haha~ That sounds like you, ma'am~"

"That aside tho! Are you free tomorrow?"

"Yes, I am..."

"Great! Would you like to go on a date?~"

"W-What?! Ms Lisa, you can't just say that to me!"

"Aww, I can just imagine your face being all red right now! How cute!"

"A-Ahem, ma'am, are you just making fun of me?"

"Sorry sorry~ But yes, I meant what I said. Wanna hang out tomorrow?"

"Uhh....w-what will I do with you? Don't you have friends of your age, like Ms Rosalyne?"

"Well, you are quite fun to be around~"

"Uh....I don't really like going out in this season...."

"Oh, don't worry~ We will be in a warm and cozy place. I also don't like staying out in the cold~"

"....Would it be just the two of us?"

"Hmm...maybe? Maybe not?~"

You sighed and thought for a moment then accepted her invitation, you were uncomfortable going out but you knew you can't let that hold you back all the time. You reached the address she sent you on the designated time, and were met by another familiar face.

"G-Good afternoon, ma'am...."

Of course, it was Ms Rosalyne. You should have seen this coming. It wasn't the first time Ms Lisa played with you this way, now it all made sense to you.

"Good afternoon, Y/n...." Ms Rosalyne replied in a slightly surprised tone, not expecting to see you. Of course, you understood all too well. Ms Lisa set you both up.

You nodded at her with a blush then looked away shyly, Ms Lisa lightly giggled then wrapped her arms around both of you and pulled you close in a group hug.

"Hehe, now everyone's here! Where shall we go?~"

You stayed silent and let Ms Rosalyne speak, she glanced at you then pulled herself away from the hug and crossed her arms over her chest.

"What is the meaning of this, Lisa?! Why didn't you tell me Y/n is coming too?!"

"Oh, would it have made a difference?~"

"Of course, it would have! That's important information, Lisa!"

"Hmmm~ Why? Do you not like being with Y/n? Are you saying you dislike her company?~"