The Murder

"Mmm, I'm terrible at coming up with names

"Mmm, I'm terrible at coming up with names. When we first bought out house, the girls and I wanted to name it, you know, like Jefferson named his place Monticello, but all we could come up with is The Crap Shack."

"Nice"

Lorelai has been talking business and her inn to Luke all morning. Sabrina sat next to her quietly sketching in her sketchbook waiting for it to be time to leave for school. Just as she's about to start packing up her stuff to leave, Jess walks downstairs.

"Coffee?"

"Oh, yeah, thanks. How are you Jess?" Lorelai asks

"Well, I'm not bleeding or anything"

"Well, then it's gonna be a good day, huh?"

"Yeah. It's 7:45." Jess turns to Luke

"So?" Luke responds back

"So do you want me to go to school or do you want to openly defy child labor laws?"

"Go. Stay out of trouble."

"Guess that means calling off the chickie run down at the salt flax."

"Out."

"Wow, so much love." Sabrina snickers and leaves right after Jess

She gets to to curb of the street before she has to cross trying to spot Jess. She looks around before she feels someone suddenly grab her shoulders. Out of instinct she screams and sends her elbow flying back.

"Jesus Christ, you should need a permit for that" Jess painfully says as he leans over holding his hand to his eyes.

"Oh my god, Jess, are you alright" Sabrina starts genuinely worried, but she quickly coughs and changes her demeanor "ahem, I mean serves you right for sneaking up and scaring innocent beautiful young girls like me" she fake sniffles

"Beautiful" Jess scoffs while standing back up and looks her up and down, examining every aspect of her outfit "yeah right"

Sabrina rolls her eyes, adjust her hat and fluffs her hair "yes, beautiful"

"Innocent is even less believable, with that lethal weapon" Jess gestures to her elbow

"Oh you're fine" Sabrina rolling her eyes again

They walk in silence for a little bit until Jess spoke up . He wasn't just examining her outfit, he was examining her entire existence. She was beautiful. What he would consider an ugly outfit on any other girl looks so perfect on her. Everything suited her in the best way possible. Her blue eyes stood out in the icy weather, especially with the way her subtle pink cheeks highlighted them. Everything on her stood out yet blended together perfectly. She knows exactly who she is and was exactly unapologetically that. He stared at her eyes, noticing specks of sparkles on her eyelids, it matched her soul. She was one big sparkle.

Sabrina noticed Jess staring and looked up at him, to meet his eyes.

"Nice hat" Jess coughs out

"Thanks, I made it myself" She smiles placing her hands on her hat

"I see you're a woman of many talents"

"That I am" Sabrina slightly blushed, hoping Jess assumed it would be from the cold weather

They reached the school, said a quick see you later and went separate ways to their first class of the day.