I knew I was red as a tomato, and Oakley was standing there, slack jawed once again. We made eye contact and then I turned back to the guy, "thanks," I said, noting how breathless I sounded.

I grinned and then with a bold rush of confidence, winked at him. He looked like he wanted to say something, but it was too late, Oakley and I were running away, yet again. We didn't slow until we were lost in the throng of people. Oakley stored her phone and gave me a wide eyed look.

"Wholly sprinkles on s'mores, did you see that? No," she said, "what am I saying, you just lived that... lucky bitch," she said, shaking her head and I just laughed, my fingers drifting up to my lips as I smiled at the memory.

She smiled back and we walked down the little stairs into the water of the lazy river.

"He knew what we were doing," I said, when I finally caught up to his words and their implications.

Oakley looked a little shocked, "how? His back was to me the whole time. I couldn't even get a good shot in after he took you to that tree..." she trailed off and laughed, shaking her head to herself, "and that attendant? She actually looked kinda pissed."

"Why?" I asked, worried we might get in trouble for our shenanigans.

My partner in crime rolled her shoulders and her eyes at the same time, "jealousy, girlfriend, jealousy."

"Do you think she was his girlfriend?" I asked, glancing over my shoulder half expecting the girl to be running after us.

If that boy had been mine and some girl had just... kissed him. A rage I didn't know I could possess slowly worked its way into my thoughts until I was almost ready to turn around and tell the girl a piece of my mind.

"I don't think they knew each other," Oakley said lightly, unaware of my inner struggle with my newfound jealousy over a boy I didn't even know the name of.

I hummed a response and focused on grabbing a tube from the pile and climbing into my own after dunking myself fully under the water in an attempt to cool off my flushed skin.

Oakley and I held hands to keep together in the lazy river, letting ourselves relax as the water moved us slowly along. We went around it for a while without much interruption, Oakley had her eyes closed and was letting the sun work over her. Every now and then there would be a pile up, but right now it seemed like clear roads and easy floating. 

I closed my eyes and tried to live in the moment.

♥ ☾ ♥

We had been floating in a serene sort of silence before Oakley kicked water at me, which was mean considering my hair was almost finished drying. I looked over at her with a frown, only to see her pointing to my right, like a lunatic. She made a weird fish face, that I didn't understand until I looked over. The guy floating mere inches away from me, eyes shut, arm slung over his eyes was super well muscled. He wore dark blue swim trunks, and water was still beaded on his well defined abs, which made me wonder how long exactly this ball of attractiveness had been floating next to me.

I looked around, noting that we weren't too far away from one of the exits, and if we timed this right, Oakley and I could get off, while this guy would be stuck in the lazy river until the next exit came around. I smiled at Oakley and she set up her phone, giving me a thumbs up when she was ready. I slipped out of my tube, and making as little noise as possible, I walked with the water towards the guy.

I leaned over him, blocking out the sun, and pressed a soft kiss to his lips in a quick move. I was planning on this being a quick one, as I wasn't sure my poor heart could handle any more steam. The guy jerked back a little bit as his eyes opened and he blinked a few times against the light. My own eyes widened as I distinctly felt a wet foot being shoved into the middle of my back. I stumbled a little in the water and fell into him. He caught me before I could bounce off and go into the water. As he sat up he started rambling, or well, it sounded like rambling until I realized it was another language.