Chapter fourteen

After a very long few hours of processing, and reports I could finally head back to the castle. I was so tired, I just wanted to eat dinner and pass the fuck out. Tonks and the others said goodbye to me and each other, and we all went our separate ways. I apparated to Hogsmeade. After I apparated I was even more tired, I could hardly walk straight, but with a quick pepper-up potion I felt much better, still tired, but better. Madame Rosamerta handed me a fire-whiskey on the house and sent me on my way back to the castle. After about ten minutes of walking I saw the Castle in the distance, sighing a breath of relief I quickened my pace, and pulled my wand out of my pocket, I sent a quick "Acio." to the broom shed I could just barely see, moments later I had a broom in hand, I mounted it and pushed off, soaring into the air.

I landed at the Castle door and sent the broom back, I hadn't even realized my hair had turned a dark shade of purple, I shook my head. I was too tired to try and change my hair color, out of the corner of my eye I saw a black dog dart into the forest, sighing I shoved open the door and walked in, I could hear the talking coming from the closed great hall doors, I straightened my armor and opened the door, instantly the screams got louder, but now I could hear what they were saying.

"She's back!"

"Do you think she is going to teach tomorrow?"

"Thank Merlin, that great oaf shouldn't be teaching classes, just wait until my father hears about this!"

"What do you think her mission was?"

"Do you think she saw Charlie?"

"I wonder what's for dessert? Oh! Y/n's back!"

I laughed quietly and sent out waves, which were happily returned, after making my way up to the staff table I greeted Remus and Minerva with hugs and took my seat. Dumbledore sent me a smile and stood up, it was just then that I realized the feast hadn't started yet. "Quiet down, quiet down, yes thank you!" The room went silent, and the kids looked up at him with smiles. "Now that our beloved Ms. Scamander has arrived back from her mission, we can start the feast!" The hall erupted in cheers before Dumbledore silenced them again. "Ms. Scamander, are you up for classes tomorrow?" he asked, looking towards me. I nodded and sent him a double thumbs up, there were a couple more cheers then silence. "Classes will be continuing as normal then!" Dumbledore said, then he waved his hand and the food appeared. "Tuck in!" he called, then sat back down.

I quickly filled my plate and started eating, I was soo hungry! Uncle Remus watched me with an amused expression he went to make a comment but I glared at him, he chuckled and looked away. After I had practically inhaled my food, I sat back in my chair, content, I had almost dozed off a couple times, which signified that the pepper up potion was now gone. "Y/n, honey, lets get you down to bed." I opened my eyes and yawned, Uncle Remus was now standing in front of me, his hand on my shoulder. I mumbled a soft "Okay." and he helped me stand up, sliding his arm around my waist, I dropped my head on his shoulder and let him lead me around the castle, my eyes only partly open. When we got to my door he said the password and led me into my room, he pushed me gently onto my couch and went into my room, returning moments later with a stack of my pajamas, he placed them in my arms and led me to the bathroom, shoved me in lightly and closed the door.

I reached around my back to undo the armor, but my hands weren't steady enough, I grabbed my wand and vanished the armor away, then slid into my sweatpants and quidditch captain hoodie, I unhooked my bra and tossed it into the laundry basket, I quickly brushed my teeth then walked out of the room, I pushed open the door to my room and spotted my uncle reading a book on my bed, I crawled under the blankets and curled up next to him. He started playing with my hair, the only noise was our breathing and the soft pitter pattering of the rain on the windows. Within seconds I had passed out, dreaming of a certain red-headed dragon tamer.

~~~The Next Morning~~~

A soft brush of something wet crossed my cheek, I groaned and rolled over, seconds later it happened again, I popped open one eye to see James staring back at me, his branches waving happily. I grinned, "Hi bubs!" James dove into my hair and started tickling me, I giggled and pulled him away. "Well good morning to you too!" I sat up and cuddled him to my chest, then stood up and let him rest on my shoulder, I walked into my closet and pulled out a pair of grey skinny jeans and a pretty green wrap around blouse. I slid on a pair of black converse, brushed my teeth, and headed up to my classroom, I wasn't hungry right now, so I would wait for lunch.

I sat down at my desk and opened up a book on dragons to pass the time, the next time I looked up the kids were starting to file into the room. I stood up and greeted them as they sat down, and made small talk, answering question about my mission all the way to my favorite color. Once everybody had settled in I took a seat at my desk, then let out a sharp whistle, there was a poof of glitter and three small fairies fluttered above me. I heard a yelp from multiple people and some cowered away. I held out my hand right side up, and the fairies sat on my palm. I stood back up and walked to the start of the aisle, right next to Blaise Zabbini and Theodore Nott. "Can anyone tell me what these little things are?" 

I asked, looking down at the three ladies. One hand flew up, and to my surprise it wasn't Hermione. "Yes Neville?" I asked the cowering boy. "Cornish Pixies?" He said, hesitantly. I shook my head slowly, "Mrs. Granger do you know?" she shook her head, "Draco?" he wrinkled his nose. I laughed, "Really? None of you?" I walked over to my desk and grabbed a stack of papers. "These are English Fairies." I said, resting my butt on the corner of my desk. "Unlike the myths the muggles tell about them they do not grant wishes, but they do have protection magic." I looked up at them, they all were looking at the Fairies.

 "Often times bowtruckle kingdoms and Fairies will help each other out." I stood up and started walking down the aisle, passing out the papers. "The Branches will build the Fairies homes in their trees, and the Fairies help keep unwanted predators away." After I handed out the last paper I turned back to my desk, "I want groups of two, one Gryffindor with one Slytherin." I heard murmurs of protest, but the rearranged themselves regardless. "Up stairs are many different books on English fairies, I want you all to find the books, and answer the questions on your papers, the I want a three page essay on what they eat, their magic, and the differences between Cornish pixies, and English Fairies, the questions on your paper, once answered will be of much help, go get your stuff." I said, tilting my head towards the staircase. Everybody scrambled from their seats and walked out of the room.

The Fairies looked up at me and giggled, then shot a burst of light at my face, turning my hair Weasley red, I blushed and quickly tried to change it but the Fairy magic was to strong. Willing my blush to go away, I busied myself with cleaning up my desk area. When I had finished, I pulled out a piece of paper and a colored quill, the youngest fairy, Avery, was sitting in the sunlight, her hair glowing, and skin sparkling. I outlined her figure, and started coloring, waiting for the kids to come back down.

Don't forget to vote and comment. The comments make my day!

Malia :)