20

Jesus this has been put off for way too long. It probably isn't but I hope this chapter has been worth the wait because my god this took a minute to write. I won't make you all wait any longer; here is the conclusion of season 1 of Mama Hale: The Rewrite. Enjoy.

(3rd P.O.V.)

Hours later, after the dance is over, Isaac and Lyrica are in their home, the teen getting ready for bed while the werewolf dresses to go search for her mate.

"Are you sure you'll be alright here?" Lyrica asks for the millionth time since picking her son up from the chaos at the school. Peter had attacked Lydia and kidnapped Stiles, leaving Jackson to rush her to a hospital while Isaac frantically filled his mother in over the phone.

"I'm sure, Mom." Isaac nods. "I'm gonna go up to my room and watch TV or something. I'll have the gun right beside me and all the doors are gonna be locked. Go find Dad. We need him back home safe."

Nodding, Lyrica pulls the boy into her arms. "I'll be back before you know it. And I'll have Derek with me. I love you." She kisses the side of his head and steps back, moving towards the front door.

"I love you too, Mom. Good luck."

Lyrica leaves the house, listening to the front door lock and Isaac go up to his room before taking off, her feet slamming into the ground as she runs as fast as she can, dirt and leaves and twigs flying up behind her.

She lets her instincts lead her through the preserve, quickly recognizing the path she takes. Her feet slide through the mud as she stops once the house comes into view, charred and destroyed yet still home to countless memories. Her ears pick up on a sound in the distance and her eyes widen as she realizes what Scott is doing. His howl echoes through the night and she waits. Silence. Animals of all shapes and sizes hold their breaths, aware of a superior predator amongst themselves.

She stands there, staring down the old Hale house as her anger builds and builds. Her husband, her mate, had been kidnapped and was currently being held hostage by the very same people who murdered his entire family, burnt down his home, drove him away from everything he knew. They had tortured him as a mere teenager but it had led him to her. And then just when things were going well again, they tore it away. They killed her best friend. Her husband's only remaining blood relative was a homicidal maniac. Her son was locked in the house with a gun because they were after them. Enough was enough.

With the deafening silence ringing in her ears, her head tilts back, her canines glinting in the moonlight as a guttural howl rips from her throat, effectively killing the silence in the preserve. Her gaze drops, once again staring down the Hale house as she waits, her ears peeled for even the faintest response. A moment of silence passes. Then another. Then suddenly, closer than she ever could have anticipated, there's a response.

Before his howl even cuts off, she's running. Running towards the side of the Hale house. Running for the old cellar doors that they forgot even existed. Running down the old, barely standing steps. Running down the long hall laced with her husband's scent and gunpowder. Running to the last door on the right. Running to yank open the door, and then she freezes. There, just across the room from her, a mere 20 feet away, tied to a metal gate with a patch and wires connected to his bare side, is Derek. A sob pierces her lips as he says her name. It's merely a whisper, his voice hoarse from either lack of use or screaming, maybe both, but it's there.

"Are you okay? Where's Isaac? Is he okay?" The hoarse words tumble out of his mouth as Lyrica rips the patch off his side and throws it across the room, wires snapping off the console it was connected to.

"He's okay. We're okay." Her shaking hands cup his cheeks, relishing in the feeling of his quick but solid pulse beneath his skin. "He's at home. I would never bring him out here, not with how dangerous it is. Come on, we've got to get you out of here."