Pulling her hair to one side she twisted it into a tight spiral. Then she grabbed a dagger from her pocket. With one quick swipe, she cut her hair off. Throwing her cut off hair in the trash she let go of her hair and let it fall into place. It fell just below her shoulder. Running her hands through her hair she fixed it before leaving the room.

When she walked out, Ron and Hermione were still waiting for Hermione. Harry heard her walking towards them and turned to look at her. His eyes slightly widened at the sudden change. Kai raised her eyebrows at him. He just smiled and offered his hand to her. She accepted and he kissed her forehead.
"You look beautiful darling." Harry told her.
"The Russians love long hair." Kai repeated her and Nat's saying.
Ron and Harry looked at each other confused, yet Harry just nodded along.
"Yeah, yeah of course." Harry agreed.

                                         ¥¥¥

     Griphook another goblin and the four young wizards wizzed through Gringotts. Kai smiled the whole time having the time of her life, she felt like she was on a rollercoaster. It was all fine until a waterfall soaked all of them and the cart released them from underneath. Luckily Hermione said a spell to land them safely on a rock platform.
                                  "The thieves downfall. It washes away any enchantment." Griphook explained.
                                  "Oh no, you look like you again." Ron told Hermione.
                                  "Is there any other way out?" Harry asked.
                                  "No." Griphook answered plainly.
                                  "What are you all doing down here? You gave them the key you traitor-" the goblin started but was imperoed again.

      They heard a roar echo through the near vault. Kai's eyes widened as she recognized the sound. They all walked to the opening of the vault and saw a huge white Ukrainian Ironbelly. It was all chained up and had horrible slashes covering it. Kai gapped at the dragon-it couldn't be could it? She went to take a step forward but Harry wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back well aware of his girlfriend's love for the creatures.
                                    "It's a deadly dragon Kai. It won't hesitate to eat or burn you alive." Harry whispered to her.
The dragon turned to look at them with its white eyes.
                                   "Lyse." Kai called out.

      The dragon looked at her curiously. Griphook started rattling a device that made the dragon shrink away and roar out.
                                  "It's been trained to expect pain when it hears this noise." Griphook lead them past the dragon.
                                  "That barbaric." Hermione scolded.
Harry grabbed Kai's hand and pulled her along but she remained looking at the dragon. This was her father's dragon, the last black family dragon alive. Bellatrix had taken her after Regulus died. They walked into the vault and looked at all the gold.

     Kai waited till everyone was distracted until she slipped out and walked back down the stairs. The dragon was cradled up in the corner. She approached the creature slowly. When the dragon heard her, it immediately became defensive.
                                  "I'm not going to hurt you. Lyse, I'm Lyra. I was named to match you. My father named me after a dragon." Kai smiled and put out her hand.
The dragon studied her and her hand. Kai slowly walked towards her.
                                   "I'm sorry they torture you. I will get you out of here. I promise." Kai spoke softly.
The dragon sniffed her hand as soon as she got close enough. She gave Kai one more suspicious glance before cautiously bowing her head down.

     Smiling Kai gently petted the scales of her nose.
                                  "You are gorgeous aren't you? Just like Regulus described." Kai shook her head amazed.
Lyse snuggled closer into Kai. They heard metal clinking above them.
                                 "Harry." Kai said before running towards the stairs.
She started up them as the two goblins ran down. Griphook held the sword. Kai realized he had betrayed them.
                                 "You shady bitch." Kai spat at him.
All Griphook did was shout traitor at the guards. He tried to stab Kai but she twisted around him and kicked him down the stairs. The sword flew from his hand and Kai went to grab it but spells started shooting at her. Bolting up the stairs she hid behind a wall where her friends were.

                                  "What do we do?" Hermione asked as spells shot near them.
                                  "Follow my lead." Kai shouted at them.
Quickly she left her hiding spot and dodged spells and she jumped onto Lyse's back. The others followed and Kai shot a spell at the dragons restraints. She climbed towards her head and patted the dragon lightly.
                                  "Get us out of here beautiful." Kai told Lyse.
The dragon burnt some goblins then looked up at the small light above. Lyse started climbing up the rocky walls towards the light. She broke through the floor and roared and then broke through the glass roof.

      Kai kept her head down until Lyse stopped. They were sitting on top of Gringotts and Lyse was breathing heavily staring out at the world. It must have so long since she had seen the light of day. Kai patted her again, and Lyse started flapping her wings. They started flying through the air towards freedom. Kai sat up and held onto the spike of Lyse back. Her short hair flew behind her and she marveled at the beauty before her. She was riding on a dragon, her dragon. She could vaguely connect with her father, and she felt like he was experiencing this through her eyes.

     Harry stared lovingly at Kai. So amazed by her.
                          "We have to jump. Now." Hermione told them.
The golden trio jumped into the water below and Kai just watched them. Idiots she thought. Kai rode with Lyse until she returned them to the ground. Kai slid off her and walked to her snout.
                          "I want to bring you home with me so badly. But I can't do that to you. You should be free. But if you ever want to find me just simply come home, home to Regulus." Kai told her petting her.
She didn't know if Lyse was understanding any of this. But a huge sloppy tongue licked from Kai's boots all the way up to her head. Kai slightly cringed at the strange sensation. Lyse started flapping her wings again and took off.