Chapter 18

2 months later, somewhere in Australia....

"Oh my god, Liam! They have 4 wheelers you can race! Niall! Do you wanna race me?" she asked raising her eyebrows at him. "You can't beat me in golf, maybe this is your thing."

"Hey!" Liam said. "What about me?"

"Ha! I know I'd beat you. Put me down!" Eva wiggled and Liam released her legs and set her on the ground.

"You are on, girly. I'm gonna beat you!" Niall shouted, running over to the race track. Eva chased after him. Liam shrugged his shoulders and followed.

Not long after, Eva, Niall and Liam all had helmets and gloves. The owner of the track explained how the quads worked and made them practice. Eva pretend to be awful, stalling it out. "Boy, I hope I can figure this out!" she said.

"Don't play with me, Eva. I'm not falling for that crap. Let's go." Niall said.

Liam jumped on the back of Eva's four wheeler and the man showed them the track.

"Start to the right, over that way, that part has lots of turns, so you'll want to go slower. Then you come around, way back there," He pointed about ½ a mile away. "Go straight, make that last turn and then it's a straightway to the finish. Be careful, that straightway is pretty muddy. Go to slow, and you'll get stuck."

Eva snorted.

"What's that Stuart? Too hard for you?" Niall asked. "Don't worry, I'll show you how it's done."

"You wish Horan. Let's go! You fall off, babe, and I am really leaving you this time."

They lined up at the start, revving the engines. The track owner waved a green flag and Eva punched it, getting in 4th gear as fast as possible. She didn't sit, instead she stood in a crouched position, throwing her body into each turn, so Liam had to grab onto the side rails to stay on. She flew around the turns, never slowing down. Right, left, right again. Liam felt sick. He turned to look at Niall, he wasn't far behind.

Eva blasted out of the turns, and made a left. It was only a short distance to the final straightaway. She made another sharp left. Liam was proud he hadn't fallen off. At that second, Niall flew by yelling "You'll never beat me with all that dead weight on the back!"

Eva growled. She turned to Liam and said "Sorry" then picked up her foot and kicked him right in the chest. He flew off the back of the quad and into foot of mud. He laid there, looking at the sky, shaking his head, thinking he was glad that he had his Evie back and she hadn't changed. He turned his head in time to see Eva cross the finish line first.

Eva jumped off the quad, pulled off her helmet and cheered for herself. Niall looked at the back of the rider and said "Where is Liam?"

"Oh! Oops." And ran back to where he was still laying in the mud. "Did I hurt you?"

"Uh, no." Liam said. "Well, my pride is a bit damaged, but the rest of me seems to work." He held up a hand, asking for help us. Eva grabbed his hand and he pulled down. She wasn't prepared and fell over Liam and face first into the mud. She used her hands to push herself up and looked over at Liam. He had one hand raised, ready to smack her butt.

"Don't you dare!" she yelled.

"What! It's right here, on top of me. I think I get a free spank. You did launch me off the back of a moving four wheeler." Liam reasoned. He gave her a whack and laughed.

"Oh, now you are in for it"! She turned her body so they were face to face and then sat up, pinning him to the ground. She took a handful of mud and smeared it across his forehead. Liam grabbed both of her arms and pulled her down kissing her square on her muddy lips. She responded and started kissing him back. Before she had time to think that this may have been a trap, he rolled her over onto her back, moved his legs and pinned her to the ground.

"I thought you said you always win, love?" Liam said.

Eva grabbed him and pulled him in for another kiss. "Who said I didn't?"

(Look for the next book! 😊)