Chapter 2

They arrived at the hotel late that night. Liam insisted that they go to eat somewhere nice. Eva wanted room service. "It's my birthday. I want room service and sex!"

"Well, too bad. You are getting a fancy dinner. And then...maybe sex. If you are good." Liam replied. Secretly, he was glad Niall had just gotten her a book. He could top a book, no problem. Hell, just the fancy dinner topped a book.

He took her to a place recommend by the concierge. He wanted dinner and dancing, like their first official date. It turned out to be a room full of mostly older people, dancing to the music of the 50's and 60's. It was a theme night. Everyone was even dressed up! Liam looked around in horror. This was not what he had in mind! He wanted romantic, not reminiscing with baby boomers.

"Did you plan this? Are you sure you didn't know it was my birthday? This is perfect! They are playing Earth Angel! Dance with me!" Eva cried, jumping up and down, clapping her hands.

Well, score one for Liam, he thought. Take that, Niall and your dumb book. He gladly took her hand and led her out to the dance floor. He moved her around the dance floor in slow circles, as she rested her head on his chest. "This is the best birthday present you could have gotten me." she sighed as they began playing "At Last." He whisper sung the words to her and he could see she was loving it. "You are killing me, Li! I never want to leave!"

It took seven songs before she would leave the dance floor to order dinner. She only agreed because she heard his stomach growl. Since it was a "theme" night, the food was, too. They ordered milkshakes and hamburgers, giggling over the silliness of the entire situation. It was perfect.

They walked back to the hotel, hand in hand getting about a block away when they heard the crowd. "Damn. I should have brought Paddy. It just wasn't...Ugh. Hang on." Liam made a quit call, reported their location and was told to stay put. Paddy, Liam's bodyguard showed up ten minutes later, with another bodyguard, Preston.

Paddy led Liam through the crowd and Preston led Eva. This was her first time dealing with an uncontrolled crowd. Sure, she had been to many event and they had been approached on the street, but this was a full scale mob of girls, screaming and singing. Liam went through first, stopping to sign a few things and take pictures. The girls reached out to touch him. He didn't seem to mind. Preston put a hand on Eva's back and pushed her forward. Girls yelled her name. People pushed paper and pens toward her. Someone yelled, "Take a picture with me, please!" and then it happened. Someone touched her. Then someone else touched her. Terrified, she pulled her arm away. The sleeve of her dress tore right at the seam. She screamed in fright. This was too much. She didn't like people. She didn't like crowds. How did Liam do this?

Liam turned when she screamed. "Get her inside!" he yelled to Preston. Preston scooped her up and she hid her face, burying it into his jacket. He pushed his way into the hotel and took her right to the elevator. Liam followed right behind. Preston set her down and she threw herself at Liam. He circled his arms around her, kissing the top of her head. "It's not a big rip, Evie. I'm sure it can be fixed." She looked at the chiffon sleeve shaking her head. It couldn't be fixed. The material was too thin. But she didn't really care about that. She never wanted to be in a crowd like that ever again. She was still shaking.

They went back to their suite and she tried to relax herself. Liam called room service for a bottle of wine, Moscato, her newly discovered favorite. She ran a bath in the huge tub and twisted her hair into a loose bun. The entire bottle of bubble bath went in followed by Eva. Liam brought her a glass of wine and sat on the edge of the tub. "Are you okay, Evie? I'm sorry. It's part of my life. I guess you've never seen the full scale mob, uh? Just airport mobs, which are easy to avoid. I'll plan better next time, I swear."

"It's okay, Liam. I'm okay. I just need to calm down. I'll be ok." She smiled up at him, trying her best to look okay. "Get in here with me. That will make me feel a ton better." Liam didn't need to be asked twice. In seconds, in was in the tub behind her, kissing her neck. She leaned into him, savoring every kiss.

............................................

The next day, her picture was all over twitter and the rag magazines. There were videos of her freaking out and pictures of Liam comforting her. The fan girls were all making fun of her, calling her a crybaby, saying that Liam would have stayed out longer if she wasn't so whiny. The girls who were there said that she was rude and refused to take pictures. Of course I refused! Eva thought. I'm not the famous one. She called Dylan, her former flat mate and best girlfriend, and asked her for advice.

"First off, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Those girls are being down right mean. You don't have the experience that the other girlfriend do. It will get easier. They've been doing it for years."

"Okay, but if I can't handle it, how am I going to..."

"Stop right there. He loves you. He flew around the world and put a 20,000 pound ring on your finger. He's not about to dump you because you got scared." Dylan said.

"20,000 pounds? That's like 40,000 dollars. That's a freaking car. A nice car! How do you know it's that much?" Eva was in shock.

"I looked it up. I'm nosey. You wouldn't believe how much that necklace cost him. Nobody who spends that much money on girl is about to dump her. Trust me, okay?" Dylan implored. "Just have fun and I'll see you next week. The girls are super excited!"

"Okay, Dill. I'll trust you. See you soon." Eva hung up and went over to her suitcase. The ring was in its box. She wasn't sure if she was ready for the world to know and Liam had understood. He told her to wear it when she was ready, no pressure. She couldn't leave this ring laying around. What if she lost it? Surely he had it insured, right? She took it out of the box and put it on her finger. She held out her hand, admiring the ring. It was awfully beautiful and she did love the way it sparkled. She wore the necklace every day. What made the ring any different? She snapped the box closed and threw it back into her bags. She was ready.