CH 7

Arpine's  POV

I woke up today feeling better about Mari's and I's relationship. I got dressed and walked to the bakery just in time to catch Mari walking out of the bakery. "Hey Mari." I say as I see her. I notice she's been crying. " Okay, who do I have to beat? I ask. "Don't worry about it." She replies quietly, ''Are you sure?" I ask. She nods. I give her a tight hug which she accepts. I notice that she smiles more and the tears stop. Grinning, I hug her again as we walk to school. As we walk on campus, Lila approaches us, glaring at Mari causing her to shrink back. Clutching her books the walks quickly to class without saying another word to Lila and me. '' She's so rude and mean to me. I can't stand it." says Lila looking at me. " I know its not like her." I reply. " Some people hide their true colors." says Lila, sweetly. "Why don't you hang out with me today instead of her?" she asks. " Because mean or not Mari is still my cousin." I say agitated slightly. " I know. All I want to do is be her friend." Lila says sadly. "You are so nice. Let's hang out together. Sit next to me in class. Its about to start." She says, walking to class. I pull out my phone texting Mari saying I will hang out with her later. She replies with "okay see you then". I quickly get to class and Lila waves me over to sit next to her. I sit down next to her stealing a glace at Mari. She keeps her head down in her books. Everyone crowds around Lila and I realize she telling another story. " Prince Ali was so nice to me. He says he loves my charity work and so does the kids he work with as well. It was so fun being in Africa helping the starving kids with him this past weekend!."" Everyone oohs and ahhs at her story. I remember that Prince Ali was and still is in Europe last weekend and he is still in London to this day. I notice the holes in Lila's latest story but say nothing. The bell rings for lunch and Mari leaves with out a word to anyone. I try to move after her but a hand on my shoulder stops me. " You promised me that you would hang out with me at lunch today Arpine." says Lila coolly. "You don't want to break your promise do you?" she says. I sigh and follow her to the lunch room where I sit next to her. " Ladybug is super nice to me. At the last akuma battle she visited me after to check up on me since the akuma scared me so badly." Everyone smiled and grinned at her but not me. I've seen the last battle and I knew for sure after the battle ladybug only had 1 minute to leave before transforming back. " You are pretty quiet. Everything okay?"' Lila asks. " Oh. I'm fine. I happy you got to meet ladybug." I say. " Don't be jealous. Maybe I can get her to meet with you! I am sure she would love you" Lila grins. Nodding, I finish my lunch and we head back to class. Time runs quick and before I know it school is over. I get up out of my seat and try to get to Mari but she leaves quickly without saying anything to anyone. "It was nice hanging out with you today. Lets hang out tommorow!." says Lila giving me a hug before walking away. I walk home and open the door. My mom greets me. "How was school?" she asks. "School was pretty good." I reply. " Dinner will be ready soon." she says. I smile before going to my room and locking the door. Flairre flies out of my pocket. "What was that between Mari and Lila? You told me you were going to hang out with Mari more." she says. " I know. I wanted to but something about Lila made me feel guilty about not hanging out with her." I say. " Something is up with Lila and you know it." replies Flairre. I nod at her and we both agree something is off with Lila. " Still act normal around Lila until we can figure out what it is." Flairre instructs me. " I understand" I reply. I hear my mom calling me for dinner. I sit at the table and tell mom about my day.  I sneak Flairre some dinner before going back to my room. I brush my teeth. I do my homework before going to sleep.