Sweetheart? I felt disgusted and just like before, without a word I raised my hand to slap him but this time, it didn't work. Before my hand could reach his face he caught my wrist.

"Did you think that would work again?" He squeezed my wrist, making me wince.

"Ah!"

"I'm being nice here," He said, "I said I'd treat you nicely, anyone would take an offer like that,"

I glared back at him, "Go to hell," My voice was low but it was full of anger, "I am not going with you."

His gaze bore into me, then he let out an amused chuckle, "This is why I like you. But you also need to play nice," I tried to yank my wrist away but he kept his grip tight, "Come to think of it, I never told you my name,"

"I don't care," I tried to use my other hand to slap him but he caught that wrist as well, "Let me go,"

"I'm Lilac," He smirked as he kept my wrists in the air but I only glared back at him.

"You have a stupid name," I kicked his shin with all my might. Luckily, this time, it worked. The painful impact caused him to momentarily loosen his grip on me and I yanked both my wrists away, then I turned around and made a run for it.

"You!!" He yelled, "Come back here!!" I ran but before I could gain any significant ground, his hand seized my shirt, wrenching me back with a force that sent tremors through my frame. I stumbled, a gasp escaping my lips as my shirt tore from the middle.

"Running won't change a thing," His grip tightened, and in an act of crude aggression, when he pulled me back he tore my shirt from the middle, exposing a vulnerability that left me raw and exposed.

!!!!

A wave of humiliation ran over me and I covered my breast with my arms.

"I'll return the money my father owes you!" My cheeks flushed in embarrassment, "Please, just let me go!" I frantically grabbed my shirt, punching it together with my hands.

"You know full well you won't be able to pay that amount back." He smirked as his eyes traveled to my chest, "Not with that interest constantly piling up." His hand reached for my hand which was desperately trying to keep my shirt front closed.

I tried to move away, "Stop," But he didn't let me.

"Come on," He tried to move closer to my body, placing his hand on my waist. He tried to remove my hand from my shirt but I did my best to keep my arm from moving.

God! I glared at him with disgust.

"Let me go,"

"No-" It happened out of nowhere. I didn't even notice that anyone else was around or had walked up to us. So I had no idea how a punch came out of nowhere from behind me, landed on Lilac's face and sent him flying.

?????

Confusion came before the shock

Before I could fully register the turn of events, Lilac was gone.

???!

I shot my head around in a panic to look at who was behind me and saw the most unexpected person

Azef

He had delivered a powerful punch that collided with Lilac, sending him crashing into the wall of a shop. The force of the impact reverberated through the space, leaving me baffled.

Azef didn't say anything. He simply retracted his punch as he looked down at me

His commanding presence seemed to pierce the air which got my heart to pound.

"Sir?" There was this dangerous vibe to him that was scaring me. Something felt wrong. There was a commotion against the wall and he looked to the side. Seizing the opportunity, I stumbled backward, my torn shirt clinging to me as I made a hasty retreat.

Without a second glance, I sprinted away, my footsteps echoing in the alley as I fled towards the apartment.

What was that!?

How the hell did he punch someone into a wall!?!?

My heart beat went crazy.

That's inhuman! He sent Lilac flying! That's something you only see in movies! And where the hell did he even come from? I get that I had my back to him but Lilac didn't, how come he didn't even notice him?

I shook my head. I can't be hallucinating, can I?

I gulped.

No... I can't even convince myself that I am. It all happened. My heart was drumming by the time the building came into view.

The adrenaline-fueled sprint carried me to the safety of my apartment building, and with trembling hands, I fumbled for my keys to unlock the door. The sense of urgency heightened as my fingers trembled against the metal, the echoes of the recent ordeal still haunting my every step.

I managed to open the door and stepped inside but when I tried to close it, a sudden resistance jolted through it. Startled, I turned, only to find someone blocking the doorway. Panic surged as the door was forcefully yanked from my grasp, swinging open to reveal an intruder.

Before I could react, the figure stepped inside. The dim light of the corridor painted shadows on their features, concealing their identity and magnifying the sense of vulnerability that hung in the air.

"Who are you?" I got scared and stammered the words, "What... what do you want?" I paused, and focused on the person's face, "Azef?"

He raised his head as he walked towards me and I saw his face more clearly.

He seemed pissed off, for a moment his eyes weren't focusing, but then his sharp gaze came onto me, startling me.

!!!

He grabbed my shirt as out of the blue and tore all of it opened, exposing my body