Part 19

♧~Candy and Keith~♧

It took the demon a moment to understand what Axlot meant. When it registered, Keith felt his lips curl into a smile. Axlot's presence was instant happiness. "Thank you...uh- Axlot," Keith stuttered for a moment, buffering on the boy's name. The name was certainly unique. Candy twisted her light blonde hair between her fingers as she spoke. "Yeah, pass out. Likeeee-" Candy hums, assuming Axlot didn't know what the phrase meant. "Kind of like falling asleep! Except your body does it without your mind's permission," Candy explained nonchalantly. Her body moved to sit crisscross, her head resting on her hands.

Immediately Keith felt a wave of relief wash over him. The darkness in his mind calmed. Axlot's blue eyes reminded him of his baby blue ones. The color was gentle, not harsh, yet it painted a beautiful picture everywhere the color was used. ~Blue...a color of freedom, such as the sea and sky~ The thought of nature calmed Keith's mind. Thinking of them made him feel peaceful. Usually, Keith was calm, like the sky and sea. But at times, his emotions bubble over, such as crashing waves in the sea or storms in the sky. A long time ago, his friend introduced him to poetry. They loved looking at the clouds together. ~Perhaps I should pick it up again. It helped me feel calm before, maybe it will now. Her spirit will always be with me~ Keith thinks, referring to his old friend Izzy who had gone missing years ago.

Candy frowns as the tears fall down Axlot's face again. The boy's eyes closed and his body chose to rest for now. Candy quickly moved, making sure Axlot didn't hit his head as he fell. Candy sighed in relief. "He needs rest. He's blaming himself as well. His friend was killed today," Candy explained. With as little touch as she could, Candy moved Axlot's body to one of the beds. The cold floor wasn't the comfiest spot. Keith looked up in concern. "He lost someone too?" He repeated, almost in disbelief.

Immediately, Keith wanted to blame Ace and assume it was his fault the inmate died. Some of the demons returned and his mind was plagued by doubt again. ~Stop it Keith~ The demon groaned. He sighed and stood up to look at the small supernatural. "How long will he be staying with us?" Candy shrugged. "I'm not sure. Most likely until they move the dead body away and find a place for him to stay," she yawned. "Welp, if Axlot's sleeping then so am I. I'm exhausted from being in this form for so long," Candy groaned. She shifted and looked up at her bed. She was too short to reach the bed. With low energy, she couldn't shift back. Keith wanted to laugh as the pumpkin's face contorted to one of annoyance. Candy pointed up to the bed with a stomp. Candy was short, but she wasn't that short. The bed just happened to be taller than she could reach, per her request to protect her stash from intruders below. "You're grumpy. Is it your bedtime?" Keith asked as he lifted her onto the bed. Candy looked at him with a glaring stare. Keith winced in pain as a candy hit his head harshly. "Ow.." he mumbled, rubbing the burning area on his head. Candy stuck her tongue out before she turned around with as much attitude as she could muster. Her kindness could only last so long. Keith laughed nervously, picking up the candy to throw it back into Candy's pile. He returned to the side of the wall, letting his body slide down as he returned to his earlier position.

♧~Rin Yuki~♧

As Rin left the room, he huffed as he walked. The people in the halls ran to the sides as he walked in. His negativity and annoyance could be felt from miles away. Rin pounded on Kore's door. He kept knocking for a good minute until he got annoyed and threw open the door, slamming it behind him. "Oh why thank you for your help," Rin rolled his eyes as he drew on the sentence with obvious sarcasm. Rin looked down at Kore, her new appearance very apparent. "You look like a trash can threw up a human-"