Chapter 11

"Is that a condition?" I crossed my arms.

"If you want it to be," she smiled.

She reached around me to grab some frozen peas. I could assume her face was still hurting. She held it on her cheek and grabbed her phone, scrolling down.

"Look I'll change your name in here too," she turned her screen to me.

"Lover 🏹"

"Is that corny enough?" She laughed.

I nodded. It was pretty hard to keep a smile off my face.

"So are you down? Should we do it?" She looked at me.

Even with a bag of peas on her face, I still couldn't say no to her.

"Okay. I'll do it."

"Yay!" She dropped her peas and leaned over the counter, giving me a kiss on my cheek.

My face got hot. I quickly turned around praying she didn't see.

"Ahem...I don't think there should be any conditions," I rubbed my face.

"Why?"

"It's just a fake relationship, it's not too serious. I also wouldn't mind..." I trailed off.

"You wouldn't mind what?" She raised an eyebrow.

"...Nothing," I sighed.

"Okay? Well now we have to set up how we're going to do this. Is there a boundary that you don't want me to cross?"

You could punch me in the face and I'd give you a flower to say thank you.

"Not that I could think of," I swatted the thought away.

"I just don't want you to touch my face too much when we kiss," she went back on her phone.

When we kiss?!

"Oh, and I also don't really like clingers. So if you want to sell it, don't be too clingy," she went on.

My heart dropped, not even out of sadness. She was willing to fake this with me out of all people. I turned around to see her holding the peas to her cheek once more.

"Ruby?"

"Hm?" She looked up.

"I've never...kissed anyone..." I mumbled.

"Huh?" She got closer.

"I never kissed anyone," I was embarrassed. But I couldn't embarrass her if our first kiss wasn't perfect in public.

She put her phone down, "I guess I can teach you."

My heart was thumping out of my chest. Ruby was really going to kiss me. She turned to me, putting the bag down.

"Don't move."

She leaned in closer and closer. Her hand grabbed my shirt to pull me in slowly. She closed her eyes, her lips meeting mine. It was so gentle, not too rough. Ruby slowly pulled away.

"Do it back," she whispered, leaning in again.

Her lips met mine again, this time it felt more longing. I kissed her back. I was in complete euphoria, her lips were as soft as velvet. Her lipstick stained my lips after we both pulled away.

"That's how you kiss," she leaned back into her chair.

"Thank you..." I rubbed my arm.

Silence filled the room for a minute.

"Was I good?" I finally asked.

She busted up laughing, leaning over holding her stomach. I cracked a smile and chuckled myself. She held her face, I'm sure she's working out her bruises. She finally calmed down and took a deep breath.

"You're such a dork Hunter."

"I'm sorry," I turned away.

She laughed a bit once more, then put her hand on my shoulder.

"You're a natural, baby." She whispered in my ear, then walked into her room.

I sat there with a dumb smile on my face. It's just too bad it wasn't real...this thought wiped the smile off. The time was approaching for everyone to come home. I went ahead and cleaned up the house. Of course, it had to be Jackson to be the first one home. He dropped his things on the floor of the living room. He made his way to the kitchen and sat on the counter.

"What'd you two do all day?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

I opened my mouth to speak, until I was cut off.

"He took me to the park, he was so sweet to me," Ruby strolled into the room, her hands behind her back.

"Is that so? You're talking about Hunter right?" Jackson furrowed his eyebrows.

She nodded, "I even made this for him."

She pulled out a painting, the canvas was covered in candy hearts. They had the usual sayings such as "Kiss me, XOXO, All Mine." There was one candy heart right in the center of the canvas, this one saying "Ruby's Yours."

"That one's in royal blue, that's your favorite color right?" she smiled.

I nodded, "Thank you..."

"Man, you two need a room," Jackson rolled his eyes and grabbed an orange starting to peel it.

"Maybe we do. Hunter?" Ruby looked at me.

"Hm?"

"Let's go," she turned around and went back to her room.

Jackson squinted at me. He was trying to read me, I could tell. I put the painting down, stood up and walked over to her. She closed the door behind me. She gestured for me to sit on the bed. I did so.

"You think he bought it?" I whispered.

She shook her head, "Shh, I think he's coming."

Ruby quickly straddled my lap and kissed me. This one was rougher, she grabbed my hands and put them on her behind. I tried to hold myself back, but she was making me feel things that I hadn't before. She didn't stop kissing me as she barely started to lift her shirt up, this is when the door swung open.

"WOAH!" Jackson quickly shut the door.

She pulled away from me, whispering against my lips, "Now he bought it."

Ruby chuckled and stood up, grabbing a makeup remover. She started wiping my face, her lipstick got all over my mouth.

"Oh, you should also take care of...that," she looked away.

I looked down, how fucking embarrassing. I grabbed the blanket and covered my lower half.