Just Another Acting Job

PART EIGHT -SUN MOON STARS RAIN-JUST ANOTHER ACTING JOB

INT. HUT - NIGHT

DEREK:(boyishly) Uh...that about covers it.

First Man motions to the others to give him a gun. A moment.

SNDFX:SHOTS are heard coming from the jungle.

INT. HUT - NIGHT

Confusion in the hut. They leave Derek and run outside.A woman's voice can be heard yelling, coming from the jungle.

MAGGIE:(subtitled; English)(yelling, O.C.) (Están por todas partes! Aquí vienen! (Vamonos! Fue una trampa. (Están por todas partes! (They're everywhere! Here they come!) (Let's get outta here! It was a trick.) (They're all over the place!)

EXT. JUNGLE PATH - NIGHT

Firing the machine guns behind her, one in each hand, Maggie runs into the base and toward the hut!

EXT. BASE - NIGHT

Some of the men run to the boats. There is so much confusion no one realizes she is an imposter. As she gets to the hut...

EXT. OUTSIDE FRONT DOOR OF THE HUT - NIGHT

The men are agitated and are ready to kill Derek.

FIRST MAN:(subtitled; English) (Fue una trampa! (Mátelo ahora y salga! (It was a trick!) (Kill him now and get out!)

Then Maggie runs past the men and into the hut!

MAGGIE:(subtitled; English) (Voy a pagar al cabrón! (I'll take care of the bastard!)

INT. HUTSNDFX:

GUNSHOTS are heard coming from the jungle.The men stop at the doorway and turn back to look. Maggie aims her rifle, from the waist, at Derek. Her back is to the men.

CU MAGGIE FROM DEREK'S POV

Derek is looking down the barrel.

CU DEREK:

He's mortified.

MAGGIE: Adios, Señor.

Maggie winks and pulls the rifle around in front of her from her hip. Tilts the barrel toward the hole in the roof and pulls the trigger. The weapon blasts a shot, the sound reverberating in around the hut's metal walls. The room falls silent.

ANGLE ON MAGGIE'S BACK FROM THE SMUGGLERS' POV.

They of course didn't see her tilt the barrel upward. They look at Derek, thinking he is shot. Derek's mouth is agape, a look of shock on his face. He didn't catch the gun move. Maggie opens her eyes wide and mouths the words silently, urging...

MAGGIE: "you're dead"

She closes her eyes, tilts her head slightly, coaching him.Derek gets Maggie's message; his eyes close and his head slumps, his chin on his chest.

FIRST MAN:(subtitled, English)(yelling) (Vámonos! (Let's go.)

EXT. HUT

Men and women run toward the boats and jump in. Maggie runs after them.

EXT. AT THE BOATS - NIGHT

Two of the boats speed away onto the ocean into the darkness. The smugglers in the last boat look back toward the hut as Maggie comes running toward them.