𝟎𝟔 - 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

┍━☽【❖】☾━┑

CHAPTER SIX: SCARY PHANTOM SPIDER MOUNTAIN

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭,"

●・○・●・○・●

【$$$】

The journey to the mountain was long, and it irritated [Name]. Of course the anime made it shorter, she knew that, but the whole ordeal was annoying, especially since Inosuke kept intermittently running. She wasn't built for that type of thing.

It was early evening when they reached their destination. [Name] took in the mountain's appearance as Tanjiro and Inosuke stopped. The former turned to [Name], noticing her uneasy expression.

"Are.. are you okay?" He asked, she nodded.

"Yeah. That mountain looks... scary as hell." She responded, Inosuke humming in triumph (he taught [Name] some cuss words in Japanese).

"It does, but rushing into dark, scary mountains is part of our job as demon slayers, in order to save people." Tanjiro said gently, squeezing [Name's] hand, attempting to reassure the woman.

She sighed, taking her gourd out of her tote bag and taking a swig of water from it. She then applied more lip gloss. Gotta look hot for Murata and that one guy who got chopped into pieces by Rui.

"U-uh... guys?" Zenitsu squeaked from behind the three, who turned to find his form huddled on the ground with his arms wrapped around his legs.

"What's wrong, Zen?" [Name] asked, already knowing what he was going to say. He stood up and grabbed her arm.

"I'm scared, okay?!" He wailed loudly into the woman's ear, "Now that we're here, I'm terrified!" He gripped her arm tighter, and Tanjiro sighed.

"Zenitsu, please stop whining. We have to do this, okay? We have to help the other slayers."

Zenitsu vigorously shook his head, "No, no way! [Name], stay with me? Please?"

WHAT? Stay with him? B-but Rui! She needed to save him somehow. She wasn't going to sit and let him get killed, not after those tears she cried over him. His story was tragic, and she didn't want him to perish in the way that he did in the anime.

"Oh, piss!" Inosuke huffed, turning away from the others, wanting to prove he was the bravest, "I'll just go on ahead, and leave this weirdo to do whatever he wants." Before the others could protest, he rushed on ahead. [Name], knowing what was coming next, followed after them.

Right on cue, a lone slayer was laying in the middle of the dirt pathway leading up to the mountain. He was wearing a plain black slayer uniform that was almost covered in blood. He looked up when he heard the footsteps of his comrades, his pale brown eyes drenched in fear, face contorted into one of pain.

"He- help me!" He called, voice raspy and desperate as he held out one of his hands, for the other one was gripping his katana, his only source of protection.