INT. CAROLYN:'S OFFICE - LATE AFTERNOON

Carolyn is standing at the window, Williams and The Older Man, in attendance. Eleanor comes bursting through the door.

ELEANOR: Just what the HELL is going on here?!

All of them are startled and surprised.

CAROLYN: Mrs. Wunderlin!

WILLIAMS: We're so sorry...

She cuts him off.

ELEANOR: You certainly are! You're the sorriest bunch of ass-kissers I've ever seen in my life!

CAROLYN: Mrs. Wunderlin!

Eleanor walks across the room and stands in the center.

ELEANOR:Oh, spare me the gratuitous display of emotion! None of you care for Derek. Don't stand there and act like you do. It's insulting.

She looks around at each one in the group.

ELEANOR:Whether you WANT him to be found or not is immaterial. Just be good little employees and consider it part of your job description! Find the boss when he's reported missing!!

She pauses for a moment and looks around the now-quiet, shocked group again.

ELEANOR: Now, what have you done to find my son?

WILLIAMS: There isn't a whole lot we can do. I mean...he didn't tell anyone where he was going.

ELEANOR: Have you tried the hospitals?

WILLIAMS:Which one? He could be anywhere in the world!

ELEANOR: Search and rescue?

WILLIAMS: For which state? Which country?

ELEANOR:Messages. Did he leave any messages with anyone that would give us a clue?

CAROLYN:Only one on my voice mail saying that he might be delayed for the meeting on Monday.

ELEANOR: We all know that! I heard that on the news!

CAROLYN:Mrs. Wunderlin...I...uh, WE were wondering if - Well, what I mean to say is that...your son has not been himself since...well, has he been despondent...enough to-

ELEANOR:(cuts her off) I beg your pardon! How DARE you!?

CAROLYN: All I meant was-

ELEANOR:(cuts her off)I know exactly what you meant!Let's get one thing straight;My son may have a lot of faults, But QUITTING isn't one of them.He's just like his father-

She gives The Old Man a look.

ELEANOR: Isn't that right?

The Old Man nods.

ELEANOR:They both know WHAT makes things work. The difference between them is HOW to make things work. They both handle situations differently. With one exception; once they have everything they need, all the pieces laid out, it only takes ONE thing for them to put it all together. That last piece comes when -

OLD MAN:(interrupts)-their backs are against the wall. I've seen it in Derek's father many times over the years.

ELEANOR:(proud, confident) And I see the same thing in my son. He won't quit.

A moment. Eleanor changes her tone. She is angry and slightly desperate.

ELEANOR:I can't believe that the largest manufacturer of technology in the WORLD can't find him! Have you tried calling his cell phone?

WILLIAMS:That's the first thing we tried. There was no answer.

Eleanor thinks for a moment, then realizes...

ELEANOR:(coyly, enlightened) Up till now, everyone assumes... he crashed...maybe he hasn't.A moment.

CAROLYN: What are you saying?

ELEANOR: Have you tried calling... the PLANE?

Everyone in the room looks at each other.

SNDFX:A telephone RINGS.

INT. DEREK'S JET - PASSENGER COMPARTMENT

Sitting in the cockpit, the Pilot and Co-pilot hear the telephone and look at each other.

INT. ASI TRACKING ROOM - EARLY EVENING

The SUPERVISOR: slams the telephone receiver down. A room full of personnel look in his direction.

SUPERVISOR: Coro, Venezuela. The plane is sitting on the runway, but he's not in it.

OPERATOR: Well, where is he?

SUPERVISOR:That...is the question a lot of people want answered.