Chapter 1

Elijah Rose's POV

I sit up in my bed and turn down the music after hearing voices across the street. What's going on? I stand up and walk to my roommate and best friend's room. I knock on her bedroom door. "Luna?"

"Yeah?" I hear through the door. I open the door and see her standing on her bed looking out of her window.

"You heard them too, I take it?"

"Yeah I heard it. I wonder what they're doing. They're obviously not from around here. Do you think we should go tell them about the mill?"

"Probably. Come on. Get dressed."

I quickly walk back to my room and put on a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt on with my converses. I walk to the front door and wait on Luna. My name, by the way is Elijah Rose. I have black, curly hair and blue eyes. I am twenty-five years old. Luna's whole name is Luna Marie. She has silver hair and blue eyes and is twenty-four. We have lived together for the last five years, when I inherited this house after my great grandparent's passed away.

Luna walks into the living room with a red shirt on and her usual skinny jeans and vans on. "You ready?" I ask.

She nods. "Yeah. I wonder what they are doing. Only people with a death wish would be there. Even if you don't know the history, it's just creepy as fuck."

"No kidding." We walk across the street and as we are walking to where we see a lot of guys that look about our age, I hear the words 'Halloween party' drift over to us. I walk up to one of the guys. "Excuse me?"

He looks up. I look at him and notice he has black, shoulder length hair, hazel/brown eyes, he is about five foot nine and he has a little bit feminine look to him. He smiles. "What can we help you girls with?"

"You really shouldn't be over here."

"And why is that?" The rest of the guys start to huddle around us.

"This place is haunted. That's why." Luna says.

The looks of disbelief amuse me so much that I start to laugh a little. One of the guys that looks like he has Mexican in him looks at me. "She's kidding, right?"

I shake my head. "No. It's kind of been haunted for years."

"Uh-huh... So, question?"

"Yeah?"

"Who are you two and how do you know that?" He asks.

"I'm Elijah Rose."

"And I'm Luna Marie." Luna says.

"But you can call her Luna."

"And her Elijah."

He nods. "I'm Vic. The first guy you talked to is Kellin. This is my brother, Mike." He says motioning towards a guy twice his height. "Then the idiot attempting to climb that big metal pole is Jaime. The one drunk off his ass is Tony. Then the two guys chick fighting over there are Gabe and Justin. And the other two idiots cheering on Jaime are Jack and Nick. So yeah... That's everyone..."

Luna nods. "Do they act like that on a daily basis?"

"Like total dumb asses?"

We both nod. "Oh yeah. It's never dull when our two groups are together."

"Sounds kind of like our friends." I say looking at Luna.

"Yeah, but we're not that bad."

"So this place is really haunted?" Kellin asks

I nod. "Oh yeah."

I see him pale a little. "Please tell me this is a joke of some kind."