Chapter 29

-Chapter 29-

Killian

"Yeah...... I will."

For the next two days, I was plagued by an inexplicable guilt and headache.

Then, on the night I heard that Edith had woken up, I was awakened from my not-so-deep sleep by a suspicious figure.

'What is this, an assassination?'

As I reached for the dagger I had hidden under my pillow, I realized the next moment that it was Edith who had broken into my room.

The faint scent of roses announced her presence before the sound of her footsteps.

Wondering what brought someone who had fainted to wake up in the middle of the night and come over here, I let her do her thing.

Edith crept to the bedside and stood there for a long time.

Just when I thought it was an assassination, she slowly leaned in.

The smell of her sweet flesh was so intoxicating, I almost forgot to breathe.

After a moment's hesitation, Edith kissed me lightly, just enough to provoke me.

A light kiss that didn't go between my lips, didn't go in, didn't go deep.

If I had been deeply asleep, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

The moment Edith kissed me, I opened my eyes in surprise.

I looked up to see Edith standing right in front of me, eyes closed, lips still pressed together.

Her long brown lashes fluttered, and her thin eyelids slowly opened as her lips parted.

But Edith wasn't surprised to see my eyes open. It was as if she had known I would wake up.......

"I- I'm sorry, that...... I'll just go back on my own, so......" She stammers.

I couldn't let Edith go, leaving only a hollow kiss behind.

'So, the rumors of you using your body as a weapon are true, and now that you're at a disadvantage, you're trying to seduce me with your body?'

The inexplicable guilt I'd been feeling quickly dissipated, and a heat that I didn't know whether to call anger or excitement rose from my lower abdomen.

I was horrified, but part of me wanted to see how far I could go.

Before I could think of anything else, I had my hand on Edith's forearm.

"You were doing well at hiding this side of you. But it seems like you can't keep up with your facade anymore. Are you in a rut?"

No, I was horny myself. A violent, one-dimensional desire, perhaps.

I knew it, but out of habit, I pressed on, rebuking Edith.

"No, I just wanted to kiss......"

I hastily pushed Edith down on the bed as she timidly tried to protest.

'What kind of lame excuse do you have for wanting to leave after just a kiss.......?'

I smirked, determined to see what this woman was up to.

"Come on, satisfy me like the flower snake of Rigelhoff, and who knows maybe your body could actually serve well in bed."

"Eh......?"

I pulled off Edith's robe, looking embarrassed, and slipped my hand into the hem of her nightgown, which I'd been finding so erotic since the last time I'd seen her.