Chapter 68

-Chapter 68-

Killian

"Oh, my goodness! Welcome! We are honored to have you in our store."

The shopkeeper, a young woman, bustled about as if she knew Lizé and I.

As we looked around the store, an ornate faux chandelier hung from the ceiling, romantic decorations on all sides, and on the pink carpet were shelves full of accessories fit for girls.

"Oh, how cute." Lizé gushed.

"It's cute, isn't it? If you wrap this around your head once like this and put this corsage next to it......" The shopkeeper instructed.

"Wow! It's so pretty! Killian, look at this......!"

I wasn't paying much attention as I had been staring out the window at something instead of inside the store. I quickly turned to Lizé.

"Killian......?"

"Oh. That's pretty!"

I looked at Lizé and immediately said 'it's pretty', but it was a far cry from the way I'd always looked at her, and I could feel it myself.

"Isn't it pretty, sir? Not everyone can pull off such accessories. It looks childish when it's worn by the wrong people. It takes a beautiful woman like Lady Lizé to make the corsage and ribbon look their best." The shopkeeper complimented Lizé's appearance until her mouth watered.

I didn't seem too bothered by this, and asked to pay for all the things she said were pretty.

As a result of the shopkeeper's flattery and compliments, the bag in her hand had quite a few items in it when she walked out of the store.

"I- I didn't mean to buy this much......" Lizé's cheeks flared in embarrassment.

"It's okay, we don't come out that often, so when we do, it's not a bad idea to buy them all at once."

"I'm sorry, Killian." She apologized with a slight pout.

"Don't be sorry. This isn't ruining my house, you can buy more."

I encouraged her to spend more, as she still felt bad every time she spent money.

Then I started walking toward the store I'd been looking out the window at earlier.

"Lizé, I'm sorry, but let's stop over there for a minute." I requested.

"Yeah, great! Are you going to buy something too, Killian?"

"Yeah."

Lizé, who had been feeling bad that she had been buying things for herself, seemed happy.

But the store I went into was the same as the one Lizé had stopped at earlier, selling women's accessories. Although the atmosphere was completely different.

"Killian...... this is, um......"

"Hmm? Yes?"

"This store has a much different vibe than the last one."

"Yeah. I'm here to buy some gifts for Edith."

"What? Edith?"

"Yes."

"Aha...... come to think of it, it's a pretty nice atmosphere that would suit Edith."

"Isn't it?"

I couldn't help but notice that Lizé was a little flustered. It would have been ridiculous in the past, but now I was focused on finding something that would look good on Edith.