Mama Seohee and Yujin's Day Out

Start from the beginning

"Are you finally asking me to marry our Wonyoungie?" She asked me with a giggle. 

I cleared my throat as I placed the pot over to the table and nodded at her. 

"I uh. I already have her ring here, I made it myself with the help of a Jeweler. I picked out an ethically sourced four carat diamond for her and I would love it if you allowed me to marry her." I replied to her. 

I got the box out from my pants and showed her the ring. She took the small box from me and opened it. She saw the ring that I have been working on for the last seven months. 

"Oh, you made this? This is beautiful." She replied as her tears flowed down her eyes and paused.

"She's lucky to have found you in this lifetime, Yujin. Jinjja, you even made this yourself?! I really am lucky to have been given another shot at getting to know you better. Yes, you can marry Wonyoung and I give you my blessings, please live your life in bliss and happiness." She replied to me before briefly pulling me into a hug.

"We will, Mama Hee." I replied to her. 

I was engulfed in a warm hug, might have been the sun as it was spring or perhaps, Mama Seohee was a warm person all along. I reveled into the hug and held my own tears back. Once I pulled away from her, I bowed reverently to her. 

"Gomawo, Mama Hee for allowing me to marry Wonyoung." I replied to her. 

"You are part of the family, the moment we have reconciled because of your efforts. Please, don't be a stranger, if any problem arises between you and our Wonyoungie, let me know." She replied to me.

"This is a beautiful ring, where did you get the time to make this for her?" She queried me.

"See, for the last seven months, I've been sneaking out with Hyewon and Yena Unnie and we've been telling the girls that we're playing at a PC Bang when in fact the two were there to support me, they filmed the entire process of me making this ring and there's going to be a video for her to see. We recently finished shooting and recording the voice over." I replied to her.

"Arasseo, when are you planning to propose?" She asked me.

"In another month, I just needed to personally ask you and work on a few editing clips we have captured. Yena Unnie was also gearing to ask Hii-chan Unnie soon. So there's that." I replied to her.

"I see. I look forward to your proposal. Good luck our Yujin!" She replied to me.

It felt great to have asked her first for Wonyoung's hand. Now there's just her Father that I need to speak to personally.

"Let's go get some more plants." I replied to her.

Leaving the pot to the ajumma. As we made our way back to the display. She got a daisy, some lilies and another rose of the Scarlet variety. After we are done shopping for plants, we made our way to a restaurant where Papa Yoobin waited for us. Upon arriving, he smiled charmingly at the sight of Mama Seohee, he approaches her and gave her a quick kiss. Mama Seohee smiled at him and kissed him back chastely on the lips. She went and sat beside him and he finally smiled at me. 

"How was your plant date with Mama Seohee?" He asked me. 

"It went great Papa Yoobin. We've gotten two roses, a daisy and a lily." I replied to him.

He smiled at me and asked me.

"How are you guys in the dorm? Are you all good?" He asked me again.

"Yeah, we are good Papa Yoobin." I replied to him. 

"Oh dear, Yujin has something to tell you." Mama Hee told him.

It placed me on the spot, he smiled at me.

"Yeah, what is it, Yujin?" He asked me.

"I'd like to ask for your permission so I can marry Wonyoung, I am set to propose to her with a video next month, I thought I should ask her parents first before I ask her." I replied to him. 

He smiled charmingly and replied to me.

"What took you so long kiddo?! Congratulations for finally deciding to propose to our Wonyoung. You know Wonyoung is my favorite daughter and you're my favorite one out of all the boys and girls who wooed her, I want to thank you for being a good influence to our daughter and for loving her through out the last seventeen years. I am allowing you to marry my child and please live your lives in harmony." He replied to me.

He briefly pauses and raised his arm for a wait staff and when one of the wait staff approached our table he told the wait staff.

"Please bring us a bottle of your finest wine, we're celebrating something special. Please hurry." He commanded the wait staff.

Shortly the wait staff disappeared and reappeared with a bottle of wine and three wine glasses. Papa Yoobin smiled at the wait staff as he poured some wine for us before again disappearing from the table.

"To Yujin and Wonyoung's Successful engagement!" Papa Yoobin said.

We clinked glasses and took a sip from our glass.

"I made this myself for Wonyoung." I told him eventually and showed him the ring I made.

It looked stunning if I do say so myself, I was proud of it and its creation came because of me, from designing, to melting, to placing the stones and polishing, I single handedly did everything out of my own hands

It looked stunning if I do say so myself, I was proud of it and its creation came because of me, from designing, to melting, to placing the stones and polishing, I single handedly did everything out of my own hands. I can't wait for Wonyoung to see it. He flashes a smile to me and exclaimed.

"Beautiful, the way you've come up with this exquisite ring, I  would have failed Seohee if it's a requirement to make your own ring to present on our engagement." Papa Yoobin replied to me and chuckled.

"I designed it too, as well as every part of its making I was involved. Jinsol the Jewelry Maker have helped me refine the design and other bits and pieces." I replied to him.

"We're excited for your engagement. Don't worry we're not going to spill anything." He replied to me and smiled.

"It's going to be our little secret." He replied to me.

Wonyoung's parents were warm and nice people. Anyone who would think they aren't must've never really took the time to get to know them. Sure, being one of the biggest Food Manufacturer in Korea might be a big deal, but they're still humans like everyone else. I love that they have given me the chance to be in good terms and we've even gone out to buy plants, eat a meal and now, they were the first people to know of my plans for Wonyoung. We mostly bonded over same humor, love of Wonyoung, plants and other human things that you'll be surprised to hear our conversations. It's mostly about life and plants like two old souls. I was grateful I knew a thing or two about plants, I gifted Seohee Eomma three plants and the rest were given to her by my Grandpa and parents. Growing up with an elder that loves to plant, I've gotten interested in planting as well. It was our common thing that we bonded over, Mama Seohee was a warm person.

A/N:

Thanks for reading! See you on the next chapter! Spread light and love whenever!

- Sky