Kagoshima Wedding

Wonyoung's POV:

After dropping by at Chaen Harabeoji's area, Yujin and I bade them goodbye and we're now on our way to Kku Haelmoni's room which was on the North side of the wedding gazebo. The garden was in full bloom, Kagoshima's full of Japanese Cherry Trees planted around the prefecture. It was Kku Haelmoni's season, like so many springs have come and go and we're now here, back to the land where Kku Eomma's childhood was spent and nourished. I understand Kku Eomma's calm nature amidst the chaos she experienced on the daily why she chooses to deal with everything with the calmness and grace she had. Even this wedding preparation she calmly spoke to the catering who was arranging the tables, because Eunbi Haelmoni found out that we were being placed at the back and Eunbi Haelmoni was ready to give a mouthful of words with the caterers and the wedding planner Kku Haelmoni hired if not being intercepted by Kku Haelmoni. She made it clear with the caterers and wedding planner that under no circumstances were we supposed to sit at the back, we are her family even more so than her own family. Ultimately for the peace of everyone we were divided into partners to deal with every aspect of the wedding. Wedding Planner fell under Eunbi Haelmoni, assigning her as the boss who had a say with every step the Wedding Planner would take. Minjoo Eomma and Hitomi Unnie controlled the caterers. Music was under Yuri Unnie and Chaewon Unnie and the Photography and Videography crew fell under Kwangbae Appa and Yena Unnie. We handled the decorations Yujin and I. Well more of me, the pup couldn't even speak up and give orders to anyone. She's a total sweetheart, a softie who agrees with everyone, our last unit debut the members had a grand time making things harder than it seemed for her, Chaen Harabeoji assigned her to be the unit's leader and she'd often cry when all of us were being unserious. Everyone found her cute whenever she'd hold back herself from screaming and lashing out. She learned the 'We will rock you' foot stomp for practice and when she needed everyone to listen she stomps her left foot. Right when she's pleased with our practice. She wasn't really vocal, she pulls everyone aside for feedback and she does it privately and on a one-on-one setting. Chaen Harabeoji's decision to assign her as leader worked out for us, whenever we would resume from the one-on-one meetings we do better than we did before. IVE debuted successfully and won several PAKs and RAKs as well as several Daesangs and Bonsang Awards, we had a jam packed year and have set some new records previously held by IZ*ONME. She guided everyone during interviews which were mostly centered around us both, knowing our history from pre-debut up until now that we've debuted and announced our relationship she deflected abrasive questions from old talk show hosts. She's the best partner I could ever hope for in this world full of misogynistic patriarchy, she is more so gentlemanly. One of the questions was how are we going to have kids or start a family? I wanted to humor them and tell them we're going to finger each other so hard that the gods will take pity on us and give us children. But of course I was always met with disapproving eyes whenever I was about to open my mouth and tell them how I plan to start a family. She always declined to answer this question or when she's in the mood she'd say we're not yet ready to have kids, we still haven't figured that out, but we're keeping our options open on naturally conceiving a child, going for artificial insemination or in vitro, alternatively we're looking into having surrogates, we're still young and wouldn't get married right away and so until then we would enjoy our life as a couple and as artists working on the same team and goals.

We were aware of our challenges which mostly stemmed from my mother's attitude. It has been a year and five months since I last saw Eomma and though she was trying to reach out I often left her unanswered but read. My old phone was left at the dorm and in there inserted was my old number sim. The new number was only given to my youngest sister and my Unnie. The two people whom I loved the most and of course Dad's calls were forwarded to my new number. It was only Eomma whom I still haven't spoken to and made amends with, Daddy had a passion for music so he and I clicked in that aspect, he was relatable and charismatic always the nicest one out of them two, while Eomma was worried about our Food Manufacturing and Food Storage Manufacturing business, Appa was calm and collected, he dealt with his Food Manufacturing Business humanely and it was one of the best places to work for around Korea. He treated all his employees well, he knew everyone by first name basis and he would often reward them whenever they hit their targets and quota for the quarter, a quarterly bonus was given to every employee in cash to help them sort out life and spend meaningful time with their family using the rewards they got. Eomma hated being nice, she was always high and mighty on a pedestal. Soon we made it into Kku Eomma's room. We knocked at the door and waa opened by Minjoo Eomma. She gave me a quick hug and ushered us in.