Mama Seohee and Yujin's Day Out

Yujin's POV:

Today, I was going to ask Mama Seohee for Wonyoung's hand, I have already finished making the engagement ring. I brought it with me today, I took her to a local plant market, to look for flower plants she could add on to her collection. I saw some Cherry Parfait Roses that I thought would be pretty when it bloomed in her garden so I giddily took the pot and brought it up to her. 

"Mama Hee, this looks beautiful when it blooms, Wony would love this." I told her. 

She smiled at me as she took a look at what I was holding, her eye smile was something that suited her if I were being honest. She's pleasant and lovely, especially these days when she's chill and doesn't look down on anyone. She's a changed woman and I believe it's the right time to ask her for her daughter's hand. It's been two years and seven months since she made amends with Wonyoung and I. We've bonded since then, she often made time to ask me to accompany her to get plants or just have coffee and iced chocolate for me, we talked about plants and life we lived back in Jeju-do. How my Father and Grandpa decided to come to Seoul Central and start a new life at the central primarily because of me and my yearning to learn Music and my dream to perform in front of an audience at a grand stage such as MAMA or Gayo Daejeon. My Grandpa was the one to convince the whole family to move to Seoul so that I get to have further education to make me achieve those dreams. Appa agreed but I was given a maximum of five years to train and if this does not work out, I would need to provide for myself should I wish to continue training at an Entertainment Company. Every year I was fighting against time, until I finally made it to the debuting team with Wonyoung and we debuted after the Survival Show was done. I debuted at Rank number 5 completing the debut line up. Six places higher than Minjoo Unnie who debuted at Rank number 11 when she could have easily debuted at my rank, because she's hard working and a perfectionist. Traits she's gotten from her 'Jagiya' Chaeyeon. She still practiced when everyone was tired and even stayed behind to nail down her choreography, always the last person out of the practice room. 

"That's beautiful. Roses are Wonyoung's favorite flowers. Let's get white ones too." She replied to me with a smile. 

"Ah, neh. I'll tell the ajumma to wrap this up. What else would you like to get?" I asked her. 

I knew it was her favorite flowers, but her saying it felt like I was being teased and my face must've been a tinge of pink and my nerves all over the place. It's a total embarrassment that even at the task of picking plants, I managed to give her an opportunity to read through me. My choices evidently screamed whipped for Wonyoung.

"Yah, Yujin-ah! Why are you embarrassed? I am glad to know that your tastes in plants would please our Wonyoungie." She replied to me in a teasing manner. 

It was of course still quite new to me, having known her to be a snobby and someone who passes judgement without getting to know you. We have indeed come so far now, like two old friends who have met again and rekindle our long lost friendship, but this one is different, I was someone entirely new to her and her daughter was the subject of my aching heart, every little white lie I told her leading up to this day and in preparation for her engagement ring made me all the more nervous. But I knew, while she was still okay and in a good mood, I needed to cough it out and just wing it. I mean, at least I asked her first and not her husband who I happen to be close with as well and was someone more like a best friend to me than her. He's probably going to tell me, I can do whatever but make no mistake, he would kill me if I hurt Wony in anyway.

"Uhm, Mama Hee. I wanted to ask you if it's okay." I replied to her. 

Gulping down the nerves I have been having since picking her up at a cafe for our trip to the Plant Market.