ᴠɪɪɪ - ʟɪʟɪᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀᴄʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜꜱ

——LILITH AND PERCY FALL TO THEIR DEATHS

LILITH NEVER HAD A knack for sleeping, if it wasn't obvious before. when percy said that he would take the first shift that night, lilith tried to convince him not to and to let her take it. but he wouldn't budge.

even with how tired lilith felt, she couldn't fall asleep. annabeth was curled up in blankets and was fast asleep the second her head hit the ground. lilith wished that she could do that.

she laid, pretending to be asleep, drawing stars and pictures into her palm. she was warm, thank the gods, from the blankets they took from aunty em's. she was listening to percy and grover's conversation unwillingly. she wished she could just knock out, right then and there.

her mind drifted back to camp half blood. to her friends. dante, heath, odessa. oh, odessa. she wondered what the girl was doing at this very minute. how she felt about her leaving. if she was going to be okay. lilith furrowed her eyebrows, catching onto a bit of the conversation.

"how are we going to get into the underworld?" percy asked, "i mean, what chance do we have against a god?"

"i don't know." grover admitted, "but back at medusa's, when you were searching her office? annabeth was telling me—"

"oh, i forgot. annabeth will have a plan all figured out." percy said sarcastically.

"don't be so hard on her, percy. she's had a tough life, but she's a good person—"

"what about lilith? her mom is hecate, she might have a way to get inside."

"it's not that easy, percy. she can't just call her mom and ask her to bring us to the underworld!" grover said, lilith was happy he was defending her, "its more complicated than that...and..."

he paused.

"percy, this is something you should discuss with her, not me." grover finally said.

lilith closed her eyes and decided to drown out any other conversation that included her for the rest of the night. she didn't need any more worries in her life.

——————————

"he sleeps so much.." annabeth said, disgusted.

"he needs his beauty rest." lilith responded to her.

the dark haired girl was sitting cross legged on the ground with a blanket wrapped around her. she had just woken up twenty minutes prior, grover was gone when she woke and percy was still sleeping.

lilith groaned, "i'm so hungry...what if we had taken a few burgers from aunty em's?"

"a bear would attack us." annabeth said dully.

"in my twelve—almost thirteen—years of living in new jersey, i've never seen a bear."

"that's because you live in fort lee, and camp half blood most of the time."

"ah, same thing."

"it's—"

annabeth's speaking was cut short. a few rustles made lilith take out her dagger. after a second, her guard immediately went down when she noticed who it was.