𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 𖦹

* GENIE ADALEE *
After the whole janitor-apology thing, the rest of my week was spent ignoring Isaac. I went skating for the first time in forever to clear my head, and I really only talked to Ivy. And surprisingly, Lee.
Well, it wasn't really surprising since Lee and I had started to get close recently. But we started texting more, and we still had a tutoring session (at my house so I wouldn't see Isaac).

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・
(the week after)

"Do you think I should quit cheer?"

It was the start of English and we were watching a film for film study, but our teacher is like OLD and was struggling to set it up.

"I guess so, unless you still want to do it."
"No. I mean, like I only really signed up for Isaac, but it's not really my thing, and now especially because of everything I don't know if I should continue."
"Yeah okay. Let's go at lunch to see Coach Bridgers."
"Thanks."

The rest of the class was actually horrible, the speakers wouldn't work so we had to listen through my teachers' laptop, which had shit audio quality. But thankfully it was over, so Ivy and I were headed to the sport teachers office.
On the way there, we bumped into Lee who was walking alone.

"Hey Genie!"
"Hi Lee."
"Where are you guys going?"
"To Coach Bridgers, I'm quitting cheer."
"The pompoms weren't working out for you?" he laughed.
"Pffft, unfortunately not." Ivy chimed in.
"Hey Lee, do you wanna hangout after school?" I asked.
"Uhh sure yeah! At my place? We can watch a movie and raid the cupboard for snacks."
"Great!"
"Do you wanna ride with us or..."
"I think I'll stick with my chauffeur, so things don't get awkward."
"Excuse me? Chauffeur?" Ivy gaped in disbelief.

The three of us laughed before we split off to find Coach. As we arrived at her office, I started thinking about what I should say. Ivy told me to just say that I'm too busy with my extracurriculars, so I went with that.

Coach Bridgers took the news pretty well, thankfully she didn't treat it like a big deal so Ivy and I were in and out in a few minutes.

The only thing that was a big deal was the fact that I would be at the Walters' after school. I know we couldn't hangout at mine since my mom had an online work conference, but I didn't offer to go somewhere else and now I'd have to face Isaac.

Great job Genie.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

During the drive after school I was pretty much praying that things would go alright, and I wouldn't have to have any awkward encounters with Isaac.
It had been two weeks since we had that talk at school, so the overwhelmed feeling whenever I thought about Isaac had settled down a bit. Honestly, it was hard to describe the current situation, because my thoughts and wants were all over the place.

Isaac's apology was sincere, so he was pretty much forgiven. And I didn't think it'd be nice to me to still not forgive him, because he could recognise his mistakes and why I was upset.
And I didn't really want to feel mad, since there wasn't a clear reason to.

But I was still hurt by how easily he talked to other girls and treated those 'moments' like they were nothing. Even if he didn't see them for what they were, he would just ignore it completely and be talking to a chick the next day.
But I knew that on a very thin scale, he could feel it too. Like when we locked eyes for the first time in his room and I could hear his eyes talk, like they were yearning for me to come closer.
And even though he said it was a joke, I could feel the sparks of tension when he held my chin up and our eyes intertwined once again.