𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 𖦹

* GENIE ADALEE *
A picnic with the Walters? Damn Genie! Things are finally happening! I got out of my cheer outfit and took a shower, still excited about the invite.

"Ives, we're going to a picnic with the Walters. THE WALTERS. Which includes Isaac."
"I swear this shit is a miracle. Isaac flirts, texts firsts, and now a picnic? Insane."
"I know right!"
"What are you wearing?" she asked me.
"Shit. No Idea. What should I wear? A tank with jeans? A miniskirt? A cardigan?" I started rambling on about my outfit choices.
"I'll come over tomorrow and we'll choose together. We can go to the picnic together."
"Thanks, I love you."
"Love you too."

After calling Ivy, I looked into my closet to try and plan an outfit. I really liked the downtown girl aesthetic, so my wardrobe had a lot of sweaters, low rise jeans, and long sleeve tops. I had a few other things, like cute miniskirts, graphic tanks/tees, and cool jackets.

My train of thought got disturbed by a notification on my phone.

* isaac 💌 is calling *

WHAT? I choked on my own spit. After staring at the message for a few seconds, I snatched my phone and picked up.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Hello?"

His voice was deep, like he just woke up.

"H-hey."
"Adalee."
"Garcia."
"You coming to the picnic tomorrow?"
"Yeah. Why you asking?"
"Uh Jackie said she invited a few people, wanted to see if you were one of them."
"Miss me much, Garcia?"
"Not at all."

I could hear his smirk through his words.

"Hate you."
"Jokes. See you tomorrow Genie."

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

I stayed in the same exact position I was when I picked up the call, laying flat on my stomach, dead still. WHAT just happened?

Am I fucking dreaming?

Isaac called me.

ISAAC. Called ME.

I felt like I was going insane, like the world was flipping. What is happening?!
And the flirting as well, when did I get so bold? The last time I tried to flirt, I fumbled and told him he looked unappealing.
It felt like my plan was finally working, like the world was finally in my favour. But I tried not to get my hopes up. After all, he's a lover boy.

・・・・☆・・・・☆・・・・

The next day, Ivy was over to help choose my outfit. I was going for something comfortable and cute, but not too cute like I put too much effort into it. It was one of the few times I'd hung out with Isaac. The other times were either parties or school events.

"This?" I pulled out a leather bomber jacket.
"No. Too much."
"This is cute!" I held my beige cargo miniskirt.
"It is, but we're going to be sitting."

"That's cute!" she pointed. It was one of my long sleeve shirts, with different shades of blue and slightly flared sleeves.
"Wait and I could pair it with my grey cargo shorts!" I ran to my drawer and pulled them out.
"The cutest!" Ivy smiled.