𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ★

"Notes! He asked me for my notes Ivy!" Genie beamed as she started biting into an apple, smiling.

Last period had just been math, one of the classes Genie has with Isaac. And to her surprise, he had asked for some of her notes.

"I heard you the first three times. It's really not that interesting." Ivy replied.
"Excuse me?"
"You've liked him forever. How is him asking you for notes still exciting?"
"For the record, literally nothing has happened. So of course anything that happens is exciting."

"Or maybe, it's because somebody hasn't had the guts to confess or ask him out..." Ivy hinted, with a smug expression on her face.
"You've literally seen and heard of all of my attempts to make a move. And you know that they all went to shit."
"You're right. Maybe you need to work on actually talking to him for longer than 5 seconds." Ivy shrugged, dodging her friend's punch.

Genie and Ivy were polar opposites. Genie had always loved ice skating and volunteering to help out with the community, whereas Ivy was always super focused on her athleticism.

However, it was one day in 3rd Grade when they had bonded over a shared dislike for someone that they became truly inseparable.

That person was Kaia Newton, the school famous boy magnet. Genie partially despised her because she flirted with Isaac from time to time, but she was also a two-faced skank.

She was known for flirting with almost every guy at school, and having a super sweet 'perfect girl' image, which was totally fake. There was nothing Genie and Ivy hated more than someone who was two-faced.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

The fourth period bell rang, leaving Genie and Ivy to reluctantly walk to their science classroom. Fortunately for Genie, there was one thing that would make the lesson much better; a close view of Isaac who sat a few seats away.

"Sure he's got a pretty face, but he's also got an insatiable hunger for the cheerleaders," Ivy whispered as the class had already begun.
"Apparently he was eyeing Elena Windsor post-cheer at the last football game."
"Ok even if he's got a thing for cheerleaders, he's no hoe like Cole." Genie scoffed.
"Well..." Ivy smirked.
As the lesson progressed, Ivy's words had sunk into Genie's head. An insatiable hunger for cheerleaders...

And there it was.

Genie nudged her friend's arm and gave her two winks, which usually Ivy took as sign that she had another stupid plan.
"I'm gonna join the cheerleading team."
Ivy was right.
"You're kidding. Tell me you're kidding."
Genie was very far from kidding. In fact, she was already planning the route to find Jackie's classroom after school.

As soon as the bell rang, Genie sprinted to try and find her before she got to the car. As everyone knows, Cole's car leaves at 3:30 SHARP, so Genie had no time to spare when finding Jackie.

"Jackie!" she panted as she caught her just before she was about to exit the main hallway.
"Hey Genevieve, you okay?"
"Yeah I'm great! Can I join the cheer squad?"
Jackie looked surprised. Who could blame her? Genevieve Adalee was reputable for a few things, but cheerleading wasn't one of them.

"I mean...sure, but you've got to go to tryouts. What made you decide to join? I never knew you were into cheerleading."
"Well uhh.. I just wanted to try something new!" Genie smiled awkwardly.
"Okay well, just text me and we can talk later." Jackie smiled and Genie waved goodbye as she watched her run to the car.

As she watched Jackie get into the car, she caught a glimpse of the very person she wanted to see. Isaac was sitting next to Jackie, buckled in and on his phone. He looked around and made eye contact with Genie, who waved at him eagerly, and he smiled in return.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"GENIE!" someone yelled. She turned around to see Ivy, who was walking towards her.
"You're not seriously joining the cheer squad right? Like, you hate cheer."
"Well I did say I was gonna choose something bold and go for it right? And somebody mentioned that he had an 'insatiable hunger for cheerleaders.' What could be better?"
"A lot of things! Like you could just straight up ask him to watch a movie or something, or like go to a park or just something else!"

Genie rolled her eyes and laughed, and the two of them bickered as they made their way to Ivy's car.