𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 ☆

"OH MY GOD!" Genie squealed.

Luckily, right in the centre of the list, was Genie's name.

"I told you you'd get in!" Ivy smiled, as the girls jumped up and down in delight. Jackie, who was a few tables away, instantly got up and ran to the girls.
"Thanks a bunch, Jacks. I would've been literally screwed without your help," Genie said, and gave Jackie a tight hug.
"No worries Genie! Can't wait for our future cheers together," she winked. "Our next game is Friday."

Still thrilled over her achievement, Genie rambled on about her excitement after school.
If there was ever a perfect time to talk, it was in Ivy's car on the way home.
The girls first went home together when Ivy got her permit, and it's been that way since. They usually blasted music and drove around, sometimes with the roof down as Ivy had a convertible.

"I still can't believe I did it," Genie said. "I mean,
as someone with no experience in cheer and only a week to practice."
"I'm proud of you Genie." Ivy replied.
As the girls arrived at Genie's house, Genie kissed Ivy's cheek as a thank you and left the car.

Just as she entered the house, she felt a buzz in her hands. A message from Isaac.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

isaac 💌

Hey Adalee
Heard u got into the cheer squad?

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Genie was pretty surprised, it was one of the few times that he had texted first.

isaac 💌

Hey Adalee
Heard u got into the cheer squad?

hey garcia
i did!!

Great job 😉
Btw can i call you Genie?

yeah duh
genevieve sounds so pompous tbh

Ahah fax

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Blushing over the conversation, Genie had to call Ivy and tell her what happened.

"I'll send you a screenshot...did you get it?"
"Mhm let me read it.
Okay...oooh..okayyy! Wait it's kinda cute how he calls you Adalee"
"I know righttt!"
"Ok wait why is this shit actually going somewhere?"
"Bro I told you something's finally happening!"
"Let's hope Mr. Loverboy makes a move on a new cheerleader...specifically one that rhymes with Peeney"
"If you fucking call me Peeney Genie again I'm actually going to strangle you."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

* LEE GARCIA *
Isaac and I are two completely different people. He only really cares about getting girls and looking cool, which isn't bad. I think I just prefer quieter activities.
He's a self-proclaimed ladies man and he spends way too much time trying to make himself look pretty. Unfortunately, he's pretty cocky, but the girls still fall for him anyways.

The funny thing about Isaac is he can usually tell when a girl likes him, then he pulls out his tricks to make that poor girl fall for him even more. But for some reason, there's always been one girl he never really made a move on; Genie Adalee.

I could always tell she liked Isaac, even though she doesn't know I could. Genie and I have always been quite good friends, especially since that one time when she invited me to the movies. She actually meant to invite Isaac, but I think she just got nervous or whatever.

You can tell how much she likes him by the way she looks at him, and I know that sounds super cliché and cheesy but it's true.

I don't think I've seen another girl look at Isaac the way that Genie does. I've witnessed a few of her attempts, but Isaac doesn't realise how much she likes him.
Like she always says hi to him in the hallway, and she's always offering to help him out. I've never asked her about it though, or pointed it out to Isaac, since it's not my place.

The other night I caught Isaac texting Genie, and I was pretty intrigued. He kinda just rushed me out of his room though so I didn't get a good look.

However, today Genie rode with us home since she was practicing cheer with Jackie. She sat between Isaac and I, and she looked super nervous.
When we got home and her and Jackie started practicing, I saw her look at Isaac a few times. As I skated around him, Parker, and Cole, I realised that he was looking at Genie a few times as well. That's right. I see everything. And of course, I had to tease him about it.

So far I haven't done anything to hint to Isaac, but with Genie's permission, I'd be glad to be their matchmaker. I don't usually engage in Isaac's relationships (or care enough), but Genie was a nice girl.
Much nicer than some of the girls Isaac's had a thing for. It's also super funny seeing Isaac get riled up over a bit of teasing.

I haven't really had gotten into any relationships myself, but I'm not sad about it. As much as it'd be nice to have a girlfriend to talk to and hangout with, I love enjoying a skate by the beach blasting Tame Impala, or taking photos near the ranch by myself.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆