𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 ❦

* GENIE ADALEE *
At school the next day, another dreadful cheer practice had awaited. Our next game is in the week ahead, and our routine had some minor changes to it.
The practice ran as usual, Kaia being a bitch and calling me out for no reason, Jackie cheering me up, and me holding on by a thread.
After we ran through the routine for the last time, Kaia pulled me aside because she had something to say.

"Look Adalee. I don't know if you're only doing this because you're into Isaac, but cheer is important to me. So you need to snap out of your Garcia fantasy, and cheer like you mean it. Because right now, you're a second late to each move, your chants are weak, and you look fucking pathetic."

Sheesh.

"What makes you think I'm into Isaac?"
"Oh please. I've never seen anything more obvious. Actually, I have. Your HORRIBLE cheering. So Snap. Out. Of. It." she clapped between each word.

Kaia's words had never had an effect on me, but this particular time struck me in a way I hated. Was it because it involved Isaac?
Whatever.

We finished up with the practice (thankfully), but yet another Isaac encounter fell upon me. He came to visit the cheerleaders, but I left in time that we wouldn't face each other.

I made my way to the car as usual, and Ivy was blasting her music as she drove me home. Halfway through the drive, I got a notification.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

isaac 💌
(4:12pm)

Genie

isaac

Are you mad at me?

no, why??

Oh
Idk it just seems like you are

oh. well im not

Okay great

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Weird...

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Before I knew it, I was back at the Walters' tutoring Lee the next day.
We were covering science like the session before, and Lee seemed much more confident.
"Genie I can't look at anymore chemical formulas. Pleeeeease can we talk about something else?"
"Okay fine."
"Finally." Lee let out a big sigh.
"Are you going to the bonfire thing?" I asked.

The bonfire was basically a hangout once every few months near the creek where there's a big bonfire, where everyone brings beer and stuff and just hang around. There's also music blasting and usually a few people hooking up here and there.
Usually the people who attend are the cheerleaders, varsity jocks, random popular people, and the Walters.

I've went like once last year, and I had a pretty good time (I got vomited on but it's okay). But recently the cheer girls were talking about it and I was invited, so I wanted to know who else was going.

"Yeah probably, you?"
"I think so."
"Do you not like Isaac anymore?"
"What?"

Where did this come from?

Also, how does he always sense what I'm thinking?

"You've been really distant towards him, and you don't even say hi to him in the hallways.
It's not like I care though, I think it's great his ego is getting fed a little less."