𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 ✯

* ISAAC GARCIA *
Since the whole Genie thing was out of the way, I could just go back to what I usually do, which was talk to cheerleader chicks. Almost all of them were going to the bonfire, so I had to up my game for tonight. No 'I like your shirt' shit.
Seriously, what was that...

"Is that my shirt?" I asked Lee. He was in my room (without asking) putting on some jewellery.
"Why would I have your shirt? No, it's mine. I thrifted it."
I was almost fully dressed, a plain black polo underneath my black zip-up hoodie, and my light blue baggy jeans. I grabbed my leather jacket, the finishing touch.
"Ugh. That jacket again? You need a change."
"And you need to shut the fuck up."
Lee smiled at me sarcastically and flipped me off, and the two of us raced downstairs as we finished getting ready.

Lee was still grabbing stuff in the kitchen, but Nathan and I went outside to the car, which Cole was in.
"No, no. Come on. Guys, another ride. Find another ride." he said. Nathan tried to persuade him to take us by using his current issue with Skylar (he wrote a song for him, totally outdated...), and finally Cole gave in.

Unfortunately, Danny, Alex, and Jackie came along too, meaning I couldn't sit shotgun.
"Dude please just one time?" I begged.
"You know the rules, in the back." Danny said.
"Bro...one day, I'll be the oldest. And you all can bite me."

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

There were quite a few people already at the bonfire, like a few cheerleaders and popular dudes that I didn't really know. For a while, I was just chatting to a few girls, like Renee (one of the smartest chicks at school) and Sunny Drew.

A lot of the girls talked about pretty much the same stuff, like Alana Edeeson's party last weekend and Sefira sales. Sphera? Sephera?
Don't get me wrong, it's nice listening to whatever they talk about, but it was getting kinda boring.
So I felt pretty happy when I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Genie's face, because she was always fun to talk to.

"Genie! You look great!" Finally! No shitty remark.
"Thanks! You great look too. I MEAN- You look great too!"
"This your first time at a bonfire?"
"Uh...no, I've been once but it went pretty shit."
"Oh yeah?" I chuckled.
"I got vomited on by some drunk dude, he ruined my favourite sweater."
"Oh shittt, sorry. Yeah I've been vomited on too a few times, it happens to everyone."
"Wait, really?"
"No, I was trying to make you feel better." I teased her and smirked, and it looked like it worked because she quickly turned to look at the floor.

"My eyes are up here, Ms. Adalee."

Without thinking, I grabbed her chin so she would look at me, and I stared into her eyes again. I winked and smiled, but I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Sorry, I don't know what that was for."
"It's okay." she smiled.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Genie kept approachable me throughout the evening, trying to talk to me. I didn't really mind though, and it mostly ended up in few sentence conversations.
I thought it'd be nice to talk to her, especially since I knew she would probably talk about something other than Alana Edeeson's party. So we sat down on a log by the fire and talked.

We talked about a few things, from annoying school teachers to our music types.

I found out that she was really into romcoms, like the one with Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles, and that Swapped one. Was it Swapped or Flipped?
She's like really into that young Joseph Levitt guy, but he's not that hot (I have better hair).

"Besides, who needs romcoms when you've got masterpieces like Maze Runner and Shameless?"
I started talking about Carl Gallagher, and how Lee said I'm exactly like him but Latino. So I'm like Carlos Gallagher.