Ch.14 ~ Dreams Are Memories

Y/N's POV

Sleep escaped me that night after I awoke from my nap earlier on during the evening. Thoughts and unanswered questions running wild in my mind preventing the peaceful embrace of sleep from taking me.

The next morning when the nurse came by to wake me up and change my bandages she was met by the horrible sight of me lying on the bed, eyes wide open and blood shot with dark rings around them.

To say I looked like a zombie was an understatement for the poor woman ran out the room screaming.

By the time Zayne came running into the room I was sat up hunched over with my hair draping down over my face and a dark aura surrounding me; all the while I groggily scolded myself for taking that nap during the day before.

"It's quite alright, nurse Francis, it appears she's just sleep deprived. I'll handle things from here." Zayne dismissed the nurse who was quick to scurry away, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. He stepped up to my bed, arms crossed as he looked down at me disapprovingly.

"Don't." I grumbled with a sigh.

"Staying up all night and this time you don't have the excuse of work. How many times must I tell you the importance of sleep." Zayne sighs, removing his glasses to rub the bridge of his nose.

"Like you can say much, didn't you pull an all night the other week for some book." I snarked back half arsed.

"Y/n..." He sighs my name. "Let's just sort your wound, there's no point arguing." He says while gesturing for me to sit up properly so he could tend to my back wound.

We sit in silence as he removes the old bandages, cleans the wound and rebinds it with clean bandages. Once done he taps my shoulder signally for me to put my hospital gown back on. I slip my arms through the arm holes, holding the thin sheet-like fabric up against my front while he ties it up at the back for me.

He proceeds to inform me that I'd need to change my bandages twice a day, once in the morning and again in the evening. Zayne leaves shortly after leaving me to sit and eat my breakfast alone while watching the tv in my room.

An hour passes before the nurse from earlier cautiously enters the room to hand me the discharge papers, Xavier trailing just behind the nervous nurse. She must be new to Akso Hospital.

Once I sign the papers and get changed into the clothes Xavier brought me I find myself sat in the passenger seat of his white car. Xavier and I are sitting in silence as my mind is once again occupied by the thoughts of Rafayel.

"You're being awfully quiet." Xavier notes as we stop at some lights.

"Hmm." I hum in response not really caring for a conversation.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asks.

Sighing I turn away from watching the water droplet on the window race another to the bottom.

"Do you think there are other life forms out there? Like beyond humans." I question the platinum boy, sparing him a glance before watching as the traffic lights turn green.

"We live in a world where an alien life force we call wanderers are constantly invading our home. You're gonna have to be more definitive than that." Xavier chuckles turning down the road leading to our home.

"I mean besides wanderers. Not an alien species either, more like something mythical, like the Loch Ness monster." I clarify.

"Hmm, I've never really thought about fantasies being real. Then again I wouldn't disregard it either with wanderers and all." Xavier hums in thought as he pulls into the drive.