Ch.13 ~ Realisation

A/N: Spoilers!

~~~

Y/n's POV

"YOU'RE KIDDING!" I exclaimed.

"Nope." Xavier says back in his usually soft and innocent voice.

"Ugh! THAT'S SO EMBARRASSING!" I yelled, hiding my flushed face in my hands.

"Yeah, I must admit it was pretty cringeworthy. After all that big talk you yelled towards the Deluge Wyrmlord, only to end up face planting a giant boulder with a flick of its wing; pretty humiliating if you ask me." Xavier teases with a shrug of his shoulders and a smirk plastered on his face.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUB IT IN!" I bellowed, snapping at him before flopping back down into my pillow.

"When it happened, that friend of yours called you an idiot. Well, more like yelled it at you." Xavier adds.

"He did, did he?" I say darkly as my eyebrow twitched.

"Anyway after that I pretty much just killed the wanderer and then called in for a recovery team." Xavier finished telling me what happened and I can't help but be slightly shocked and impressed as I think back to that day a week ago.

"I never imagined you to be strong enough to handle so many wanderers solo. I feel like you did most of the fighting. You must think I'm pretty weak, huh?" I asked absentmindedly, staring at the ceiling.

"No, I just think you're not used to how fast the tables can turn during a mission. You've only been a Hunter for a month, compared to me, with your lack of experience, you held out pretty well." Xavier compliments as he stands up from the end of the bed stretching.

"Anyway, I still have reports to finish. I'll be taking my leave now. I'll drop by in the morning to pick you up when you get discharged." Xavier says walking over to the door.

"Alright, see ya around Xavs." I say with a small wave. When the door to my room clinks shut I am left to think about everything that's happened.

"Shit, I should have asked how that wanderer got by undetected in the first place." I muttered to myself as I recalled how my Evol and hunters watch never detected the Wyrmlord when the kidnapping of Rafayel happened.

A yawn escapes my lips as fatigue catches up to me after being alone for only a few minutes.

'Jeez, after all that sleeping I've done you'd think I'd be wide awake and full of energy.' I grumbled mentally, turning to look at the clock ticking on the wall.

'Hmm it's only 3pm... oh well, I'm sure a nap never killed anyone.' I think as my eyes slowly begin to close and my consciousness slips away from me once more.

~~~

I'm back on that beach at Hat Island again. I stand in the middle of the beach with the wind blowing soothingly through my hair. The salty smell of the sea invaded my nostrils as I took a moment to breathe in and bask in the peacefulness of the unoccupied beach.

The silence of the island is soon disturbed by the fast sounds of pattering feet slapping against the sand. Opening my eyes a blur of H/L H/C hair rushes past me. Immediately I took off after the all too familiar girl who heads towards the west side of the beach.

Giggles excitedly escape her lips as she rushes around the bolder.

"RAFAYEEEEEEEELLLLLL!" She screams running over to a rock that sits at the water's edge.

Atop the rock graciously sits a young boy with a fish tail. He turns to the excited yell of his name as a wave crashes against the rock, its sprays of water making him look even more beautiful under the sun as he looks at the girl. A huge smile spreads on his face matching the girls.

The running girl's own grin widens as she climbs the rocks and crashes into the boy. Her arms wrap around his neck and his around her small frame. The force of the hug knocks them over as he lays against the rock with the girl on top.

The two giggle into the hug before making eye contact, the young girl's face hovered just inches above the boys causing both of their faces to go beat red as they scrambled away from each other.

The two sat and arms length apart from each other, the girl hugging her knees with a shy blush while the boy awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. I couldn't help but laugh from where I stood watching the younger me and Rafayel interact.

I was starting to get used to these dreams of me and Rafayel. Though I still couldn't tell if they were memories or made up, I still enjoyed watching the two and it was obvious to any outsider how close the two had become.

It was obvious to any outsider that they were slowly falling for each other.

I watched from a few feet away as the two began to talk, conversation flowing easily between the two kids while my mind lingered in the thoughts I'd just had.

Falling for each other.

The thought brought a blush to my face as I recall the first time I saw Rafayel in Linkon. I was captivated by his presence and knowledge on the little red fish.

The two slowly inched closer till they sat shoulder to shoulder laughing and staring out at the ocean. As a wave crashed against the rock once more and Rafayel used his tail to prevent the younger me getting sprayed by the water my eyes widened as a sudden realisation came over me.

Ever since I'd met Rafayel he'd seemed to be very knowledgeable about fish and legend of the ocean and what's more his paintings are only ever depictions of the ocean. Even that one painting of his owned by Reymond was of the ocean.

He also lives on the beach, uses rare corals to make his paint. Furthermore, back when we visited Hat Island together he was terrified of cats and when we fought off the Wyrmlord back then he seemed to be familiar with it, like it wasn't his first time encountering it.

He was also behaving strangely when in the water when that vortex appeared. The way the fish surrounded him as he stared into it had played at my mind for days before I pushed it aside.

Now when I think back to that day I could have sworn I heard him talking to me in the water... Ans how'd we even get out of the water anyway? We were really deep down without any sorta gear.

'There just no way...'

I watched as the young Rafayel turned to look behind him, directly staring at the older me with his all too familiar cocky smirk and purple eyes.

"So you've finally remembered." He said before the image distorted and my view of the ocean at Hat Island was replaced by the soft sunset light which illuminated the hospital bedroom I laid in.

~~~

To Be Continued