Ch.8 ~ Lumina Potentiae & Herte Knaves

Y/n's POV

Jumping into battle against the Lumina Potentiae Xavier and I fought one on one against the magma filled monsters, occasionally firing or slashing at the PC.

Activating our Ardent Oath, Xavier and I successfully took down one of the Lumina Potentiae. As soon as it disappeared, I turned back to the one I was fighting, preparing to fire off my active skill while Xavier began to attack the PC.

Using a combination of power charged bullets and active skills it wasn't long before I took down the remaining Lumina Potentiae final shield. With the shield broken and the Lumina unable to protect its vitals spots, the stomach area, I made sure to direct the last of my attacks there.

Three Herte Knaves then appeared, joining in the fight just as I took down the remaining Lumina Potentiae. I dodged just in time to avoid being struck by one the Herte Knaves. Using the support skill the dodging unlocked, I directed it at the crystal.

"Xavier!" I called and pointed to the PC.

"On it." He said back, disappearing and slashing several times at the PC, moving faster than the speed of light.

"Xavier, I'll handle these three, you focus on destroying that Cluster." I called back over my shoulder as I dodged once again to avoid one of the Herte Knaves.

"Right!, be careful." He says back, continuing to focus his attack on the first of the PC.

I continued to fire at the Herte knaves sending both active skills, power charges and the occasional combo attack with the use of mine and Xavier blades. It took a good ten minutes before the first three Herte Knaves were taken down with the use of only medium and low powered attacks.

All the high damaging attacks were sent to the crystal in hopes to break it as quickly as possible and stop the flow of wanderers. The first three went down and two more appeared alongside a Lumina Potentiae.

All three wanderers tried to get past me and to Xavier who was attacking the cluster. However I never faltered in my defence despite the growing exhaustion consuming me.

The Lumina Potentiae began to convulse, an orange aura consuming it as the magma behind its hardened shell boiled to the point of overflowing. It was unable to release its powerful attack when the sound of Xavier slashing at the Cluster resonated loudly throughout the open space.

The sound of glass shattering into tiny pieces followed the sound of Xavier's sword clashing against the cluster. Finally, a power explosion of Metaflux sent the wanderers dissipating into the ground.

The explosion's radius spread out around us, far enough to graze the next PC, the minimal damage activating the next crystal barely giving myself or Xavier a break between the ensuing wanderers.

The next ones to emerge from the second cluster were crab like creatures known as Charybdis Rex. The Charybdis Rex originate from polluted waters, common around these kinds of coastal areas. They can be both aggressive and territorial, preying on the weak and fearing the strong.

The sounds of my heavy panting filled the air between Xavier and I and the next set of wanderers. It was obvious my stamina supplies were running low.

"Y/n, I'll handle the crabs, they're only C grade wanderers. You can sit this one out and recover your strength." Xavier says as he places a hand on my shoulder.

"We don't know what other wanderers will be attracted to the cluster. I can't let you fight them alone." I argued, barely having enough strength to unsheath my sword to start the attack off with a combo attack.

"Forget it. I worked alone before you became my partner. I've been in worse situations. Just rest up and join me in the next battle." Xavier says, taking my sword from my hand.

"I'll use both swords in this battle, if you don't mind." He smiles, jutting his head in the direction behind me.

Reluctantly I walked over to the side and slumped down to the floor against the wall, I spare a glance up in the direction of Rafayel seeing him unconscious. His head dangling down.

Shutting my eyes momentarily, I tried to recover my strength. Shortly after I had slumped to the floor the sound of swords clashing against the hardened shells and pincers of the crab like creatures echoed around the room, the sound lulling me into a deep slumber.

~~~

To Be Continued