Ch.2 ~ Herte Knaves

Y/n's POV

Appearing before me from a purple like vortex were three B-Grade Herte Knaves. I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

These kinds of wanderers can either lead to the Ignius Golem or the Velox Venator. Both are strong enemy's I've only ever been able to defeat with the support of my partner, Xavier.

I cursed under my breath. "Dammit, where's Xavier when you need him." With a look of determination I cocked my gun as the three Herte Knaves came charging my way.

B-Grade Herte Knaves were known for their ability to disappear at will defying the laws of reality. Their strength laid in the mele they carried, it was some sorta sword or something. I'm not entirely sure, its shape was different to that of our swords.

Anyway because of their weapon choice this meant they were best at close combat than distanced.

The tall, lanky, purple, alien-like creatures quickly closed the gap between us. Being off duty meant that I was only carrying my gun, a weapon best suited for distant combat.

This meant that If I had any chance of getting past these three I'd have to keep my distance and not allow either of them an opportunity to power up an attack or teleport.

With fast reflexes, as one of them swung their sword down at me, I dodged the attack getting behind the attacking Herte Knave and beginning to fire off rounds.

Pop after pop was heard as I repeatedly pulled the trigger on my gun. With each bullet which hit the Knave I was aiming at it stumbled backward, arms flailing about as it struggled to maintain its balance.

In my peripheral vision I could see another approaching from my right. Its arms drawn back ready to strike me with its sword. However in the blink of an eye I shifted my aim from the Knave I was shooting at.

Holding down on the trigger of my gun, I let it power up before releasing the trigger at the new oncoming Knave, dealing a power shot that knocked it back a safe distances.

With two of three Herta Knaves a distance away from me, my attention was drawn to the third, which popped up behind me using its teleport technique.

I tried to dodge the creature however failed as it landed a blow to my face, its rough skin busting my lip as I tasted blood on the top of my tongue.

"Gross." I growled spiting the blood from my mouth and glaring at the Knave which had managed to attack me.

There was no time to rest.

The one that had just attacked me charged once again. I shot at the creature as it closed the gap waiting till it was close enough before jumping behind it and sending a power charged bullet through its skull.

"Punch me once, fine, try to punch me again and I'll obliterate your arse." I muttered as the Knave went out in a puff of smoke.

I turned to the remaining two who were charging in unison towards me. This fight would be so much easier if Xavier was here to use our combo attacks.

Thankfully though the remaining two had less than half their remaining HP; with a few coordinated attacks and two more power charges, the three Herte Knaves were dead.

I stood panting as I caught my breath from the fight.

With the first of my battles completed successfully, I holster my gun with a sigh and continue to follow the trail of Metaflux, hoping and praying that back up would show up soon.

"Rafayel, please be alright." I said to myself as I ran along the beach headed in the directions of the cliffs.

~~~

TO BE CONTINUED