"Alpha and Luna Zenith, welcome to Wolfram." Augustus Black beamed, his Luna smiling softly.

"Alpha and Luna Black, a pleasure to make your acquaintance again." Asra replied.

I couldn't help the twitch of my nose, the formalities making me want to barf already. I hated it in Evermore, and I think I hate it even more now. Asra being so to-the-book was something strange.

"Come, we shall talk in the foyer." The alpha waved his hand.

I saw Asra's jaw tighten from the corner of my eye, but he took my hand and pulled me alongside him. Luna Black kept her arm looped through her mate's, but I noticed the way her eyes followed my movement until she could look no more. They walked with well-rehearsed grace and guards surrounded our flanks as two butlers opened the doors.

The foyer was grand, with two staircases on either side, a large open centre that lead to a wall with open doors. Through one I saw a large kitchen counter and the other I noticed another hallway. It made me curious to how far back this house went. If it was tall, was it as wide?

The floors were an orange-brown tile, the walls a strange cream colour. It wasn't the nicest of modern interior design, but I suppose being as old as they are must come with old design choices. The doors shut behind us, locking us inside, and I shifted slightly at the awkwardness.

"How was your journey?" Alpha Black wondered, turning to face us at the bottom of one staircase.

"Long," Asra muttered. "But there were no problems."

"Good, I am glad you made it in such a great time." He smiled. "Plenty of time to get ready for tonight."

"We look forward to it," Asra smiled tightly.

It didn't take long before Alpha Black's wide-eyed glee turned to me. My breath hitched in my throat as he observed me, his dark eyes flickering over my attire before landing back on my face. His eyebrows crinkled just enough that I noticed, but otherwise I kept my gaze firmly locked on his face. When his dark eyes came to settle on my own, his grin broadened.

"So, this is the human." He clicked his tongue.

"My luna, Ailia." Asra grumbled.

Augustus barely glanced at him before his eyes were back on me. "Such interesting colouring and scent. That hair..."

Asra's hand tightened on mine, but I held my ground. Nothing he would say would faze me. Asra informed me that Augustus was not used to humans and didn't like them all too much. His family was one of the founding leaders that led the original hunts before the wolves took over. I suppose it was engrained in him.

Asra growled again, the heat from his hand pooling into my palm. "I would appreciate you stop staring at her like she is a toy."

"Of course. I apologise, Alpha." Augustus was quick to stammer out. "Such unique... appearance these days. I could not help but comment."

What about me? Do I not get a 'sorry for being a creep and staring at you' from him?

I glanced at the luna to see her still looking at me. Although silent, I could read a thousand emotions in her eyes. She did well to hide them, but the way they slanted with concentration, and her lips pursed just so slightly as she stared at me, meant she was deep in thought about something.

"I am sure you are tired," Augustus spoke, snapping me out of my scrutiny. "Allow one of my maids to show you to your room. There is an itinerary on your bed, towels in the bathrooms... Anything else you need, just pick up the phone and a maid will be on your very call."