Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

An hour later I conclude my run and start heading back to the house. As we get closer I am hit with a dizzy spell that has me tripping over my feet. It happens too quickly for me to save myself. I tumble forward grazing the heels of my palms and knees on my way down when I try to catch myself but fail miserably. Ruby rushes to my side whining and starts licking my face.

"I'm okay girl." I cough since all breath has been knocked out of my lungs.

It takes me a moment to catch my breath and clear my vision. That dizzy spell came out of nowhere which is shocking as it has never happened to me before. I don't even get head rushes when I get up too fast like people do so this is a surprise. Like it is with every inconvenience with my life, I shrug it off as a slight mishap. I am healthy, I eat well, exercise every day and even though I could sleep more I have been like this for years with no problems so I am not about to start panicking and worrying for nothing.

When I am sure that it has passed I get to my feet and find that my palms and knees are bleeding. If Kennedy or mom see me like this they will worry so I limp into the kitchen and clean myself up until the bleeding stops. After feeding Ruby and giving her some water I make my way back upstairs where I find Kennedy painting by my ... our bedroom window.

When she came she didn't have any of her art stuff with her. By day two she was getting antsy so I called Glynn and he packed up all her stuff. I picked them up so Kennedy wouldn't have to go back to her house and that earned me major boyfriend points.

"That looks beautiful." I compliment kissing her temple admiring the landscape painting she is doing of our backyard that is visible from my bedroom window.

"You always say that." She replies leaning into my touch.

"And I am always right." I reply.

While she is distracted I walk over to my closet to take off my shoes but I don't get away with it like I thought I would.

"Are you limping?" She asks and I didn't realize that she had turned around.

Busted.

I think about denying it but there's no point because I lost the ability to lie to Kennedy a long time ago.

"Yes I fell while on my run." I answer honestly.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" She panics like I knew she would be rushing to me.

"I'm fine Berry, just a few scrapes." I try to reassure her but it does not work.

"Are you sure? Let me see." She demands reaching for my knees but I step back before she can. "You have your championship game later this afternoon, you cannot be hurt."

"Berry stop fussing." I demand softly but she is not having it so to distract her I take off my shirt which renders her speechless.

"That's not fair." She chokes out her eyes glued on my abs.

"Wanna take a shower with me?" I ask.

She nods in a daze making me chuckle so I pick her up, throw her over my shoulder and carry her to the bathroom. She yelps and slaps my back.

"Are you sure that you're okay?" She asks me still concerned once I set her down in the shower.

I silence her with a kiss and turn on the water making us both gasp because it hasn't heated up yet. My injuries are forgotten for the moment as I begin stripping the both of us while kissing Berry. As much as we try to be respectful to my parents Kennedy and I still find time to fool around and this is one of those moments.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kennedy asks me for the tenth time as we walk downstairs an hour later fully dressed and ready for breakfast with the family.