Chapter 7

Sorry for not updating in like two weeks. It just took me while 😅. There's not much to say about this chapter except you find out about hunting. It's a little all over the place with the timing, like it's not all at one point in time. I hope that's not to confusing, if it is pleaseeeee tell me and I'll try to re format it.

It had been two years (10) since you've seen either of the boys. You'd been able to talk to them every once in a while, but you never got very far in conversation.

It would usually go like this:
(This is an example, it happened like three, four months after they stayed) (Re-reading this I made it so long for what 😭)

"Who ya on the phone with? Dad... daaad"
"One sec sweetie" "it's John"
"Oh ok, hey can you ask if the boys are there?"
"I'm, yeah yeah, one sec."

A few minutes later

"Here you wanted to say hi to the boys?"
"Ooh thank you"
"Hello ____"
"Hi John, can I say hi to Sammy and Dean?"
"Um sure."

You heard John call for Dean 'Dean phone'

"Hello?" Answered a slightly squeaky voice
"Hey Dean" you always spoke like they could see your smile.
"Oh hey ____" you could definitely hear the change in tone when he realized.

"How's it going" "anything fun happened at one of your schools"
"Nah not much, a couple of friends, homework I never did, the usual." "What about you how's it going"

"I'm doing good, it's starting to get pretty boring though, I wish you guys would come visit again. Instead I just talk to you once every two months." You huffed a little

Dean just laughed "yeah I know, but boring can be nice... Hey you wanna say hi to Sammy"
"Dude that is not even a question"
"Yeah yeah he's your favorite, blah blah it's just cause he's a cute kid. One sec"

You could hear deans footsteps as he walked to Sam.

"Wanna talk to ____"
You heard a little gasp followed by an excited "yes!"

Sam loved it when you'd be on the phone, he loved being able to talk to others, but he mostly loved you.

Ever since you read him charlottes web he's had an affinity to reading, always asking John for books and occasionally getting simple ones.

"Heya Sammy, how's my favorite little guy"
You heard a little laugh "I'm doing good"
"You read anything interesting lately?"
"No not really. But I had Dean re read charlottes web, he didn't do the voices like you did though."

"Yeah well that's cause deans a stinker" you could hear his little giggle and you loved that you made him laugh.
"Hey I heard that!"
"Well maybe you should do the voices"

"Whatever, I tried"
You just laughed, that's when you heard John's voice.
"Ok times up, hand me my phone"
Knowing that the boys did whatever John said it was time to say goodbye again. So you spoke louder "OK BUY GUYS, I MISS YOU"

You heard a small 'bye' from Dean and a louder "Bye ____" from Sam.

(Ok end of example)

You had just got off another short call with Dean. He said some weird stuff that left you confused and with questions.

You walked back to the shop where Bobby was, as you handed him his phone you asked "can I ask you something dad"
"Of course, what is it sweetie"
"Do you hunt monsters?"

Bobby's eyes instantly showing signs of confusion, fear, sadness, and more than a little anger.

"Why would you ask my that"