chapter-nine

After a long day of work, went back to my brothers house. He wasn't home so I just entered, right with the key he gave me.

I opened the door to my room. On my bed was flowers, daisies. I couldn't help but feel like a school girl as I read the letter.

"To That woman, Nsuku:

I went through a lot to even get this into your room, but that's not the point. The point is that I'm startng to really think African women are it. Or maybe it's just you but dayum that ass didn't make its self.

Nsuku, would you be my date to the upcoming Irene Cara concert or maybe Etta James. I knew how much of a freak you where for these kinds of artists. It's giving grandma darling.
But yes, you can't really say no, I bought the tickets, picked out a dress for you, you never wear heels but I got them anyways for you. There's a theme by the way, 60s"

My eyes where bulging, a date? Haibo  he can take himself out to a date. But it's The Etta James, I wouldn't miss a chance to see her sing At Last, or I'd Rather Go Blind.

It's not like I can buy my own tickets anyways. One is like 600 dollars. Ah, in South Africa it's probably like 2k.

I put the flowers in water and sat on my bed, contemplating his offer. 60's? So that a bunch of old white people must stare and point at me for being with a white man?

I sighed, getting my speaker and connecting to it, then playing stormy weather by Etta James.

I smiled  and changed. And I realized that the retard didn't even give me a date number or where he'll be meeting me.

Maybe he was waiting for my response first. I rolled my eyes, getting my laptop since I didn't have his number.

"To Matthew James:

You know if it was any thing else I'd say no, you used your brain for a change. But yes, I'll go with you. Not for you but for the concert. But 60's? Monkey how do you even organize these?

That's not the point. The point is that it's a yes"

I clicked send  and put my laptop away. If I don't move away right now, this man Is gonna ruin my life.

I looked around, a nail in my mouth. My eyes found their way to the pretty white flowers and the letter set  up against the vase.

I decided to get some paper work done so I did just that. Adjusting all the notes I took today.

Thinking about some of the patients situations. I paused and connected my phone to my speaker.

The first song that came up from the shuffle list was 'I just died' by Amerie. To be honest, I'd let that man fuck me to this song.

I paused at my thoughts, did I just say, I mean think that?

I scratched my head, impulsive thought always get in my way, of course I don't want that to happen badly.

I vibed to the RnB song occasionally humming as I marked the registration list for all the patients.

I sang with the back round singers. Repeating 'I just died, in your arms' sounded weird as hell so I stopped and stuck to humming.

I looked at my pink hello kitty calendar. My birthday was in 4 days. The 24th of September.

I smiled to my self, feeling a bit old. After a while of zonin out and  working I got a call.

I answered the unknown number, and for some reason I felt a bit like scared you know? It was so random that I didn't mind it.

"Hello? " I spoke into my mic.