Chapter-one

I walked through the halls with Maisha by my side not saying anything. She had been mad at me this morning, for some unknown reason.

It was quiet and early and honestly I didn't have time for her right now. I walked to the library. She said nothing and followed me.

She wasn't thinking about anything, her head was empty I could tell she had learned how to tune me out of her head over the years.

After that explosion I have never been the same. I get into people's heads easily. It's hell, hearing what best friends think of each other, what couples think. Even teachers but the worst one is hearing what people think of me.

Well what happened was the radioactive gas made it's way into me and it's now currently chilling in my lungs. I could die any moment.

It's basically like having asthma but I won't die easily. But one thing what came with the horrid gas is me being able to go into people's heads and hear what their thinking.

Basically mind reading. It's not as nice as you think. The pickme's in this school do too much in life. I just mind my damn business.

And then there's the boys. Sometimes I want to kill myself because of their thoughts. Everything they think either being a luh twizzy (south African slang for y2k obsessed fans) or girls and dick sizes.

It's so bad I can't even focus in class. I really need to learn how to tune people out of my head.

It wasn't as bad when I was small, it was actually quite fun. Our thoughts where innocent and childish but now I want to become deaf.

I woke up today so early I even have a headache. So I picked up random clothes on the floor which consisted of  a random white baggy shirt and my biker shots with some converse.

Maisha had been wearing a mini skirt and a crop top, she had braids in

Maisha had been wearing a mini skirt and a crop top, she had braids in. We both sat down in the library tables and studied a bit until kids started fludding the library.

'There's always hot girls in the library'

I groaned and layed my head on the table.

There were three boys. One which consisted of my brother. Maisha had a huge crush on him. It's always been like that. But he doesn't like her back.

The other 'bad boy's is Luca Michal. His a tall, guy who plays basketball ball. His quite attractive I'm not even going to lie.

He was holding his book bag and next to him was Matthew James. The hottest boy in school. His popular and when I say popular I mean a bunch of groupies follow him everywhere even to the bathroom.

The whole school follows his Instagram, even teachers. But one thing that's odd. His thoughts are so quite. He speaks to no one except Drumi my brother and Luca his best friends.

I don't think he ever noticed me, well I don't want to be noticed. Being in this damn school is a burden. And being popular is even worse. Not that I am.