Blind Date

°••Part IV••°

It's been Two weeks since y/n is stuck in the past. She's slowly adapting her surroundings acting like she has lost her memories.
Her regular work was taking lunch for Jungkook and his friend Jin at their shop.

"Hey boys! I m here" she said cheerfully.
"What's so new about it" Jin said minding his own business.
She frowned and asked Jungkook
"What's wrong with him".
"He's going on a blind date tonight" he informed in low voice.
"Really! With whom?" She asked.
"It's blind date" he said with a poker face.
"Aren't you excited? What's with that face" she said.
"I have nothing good to wear and Jungkook's not helping me with it" he complained.
"C'mon Jungkook! Is this how you treat your friend"
"It's working hours. How can I leave shop by myself and go with him" he replied.
"Can't you just leave your shop just for a day and come with me." Jin argued.
"Why don't you wear the dress that you wore day before yesterday for your blind date" he yelled.
"That was unlucky one!" Jin yelled back.
"Then wear whatever you're wearing right now. It's lucky cuz we caught many fishes today" Jungkook said.
"It smells like fish!"

"Enough both of you! Jungkook just go with him and help him. I'll be here at the shop" y/n said making Jungkook laugh.
"You!...you are going to sell fishes" he laughed harder making Jin burst into laughter too.
"Why can't I sell fishes. I've done business studies from the State.." she stopped.
"That's why we can't leave you alone in the market Y/n. You'll be in trouble." Jungkook said.
"Jin! I am convincing Jungkook to help you and you're making fun of me..." She scoffed.
"Jokes apart, but Jungkook's right y/n. We can't leave you alone cuz the royal soldiers come for inspection twice a week and if any of them found out about you and especially that you've done business studies from don't know which state we all will be a dead meat. So be careful. " Jin explained.

"It'll not take much time. Just go and get your clothes and see... there's no sign of any soldier here."

"We'll Jungkook... She's right. They came for inspection yesterday. I don't think so they'll come today. We'll come back as soon as possible." Jin said.

Jungkook sighed and finally agreed. "Look here y/n, 2 silver coins for the smallest fish and 5 for medium. 1 gold for largest and 2 gold coins for Tuna" He explained before leaving.
"Take care and don't go anywhere" Jin said and she nodded.

She kept sitting waiting for them. Several customers came and went but they didn't return. "How much's the Tuna?" She heard.

"It's 3 gold coins" she replied.

"3!but the market price is 1.5" the bamboo hat guy replied.

She knitted her brows and said under her breath
"1.5! But Jungkook told me it's 2.. they're cheaters"

"You can pay 2.5" she said to him.
"You're cheating Miss! It's. 1.5"he replied.
"so go and buy it from someone else"she said.
"No I wanna buy it from you only" he replied.
"Just pay 2... Not less than that" she said.
"Alright... I m paying extra just for you" he said.
"Btw... I have seen you somewhere" she said packing the Tuna.
"Nobody ever saw me Miss. What are you talking about" he said cuz his face was totally covered by a bamboo hat.

"No... A person just like you.. with a bamboo hat. Near the river bank I guess." She said handing him over the Tuna.

"Why you hide you face like that. Judging by your voice you seem to be a handsome guy." She asked.

"Thanks for the overpriced Tuna. Here you go" he put 2 gold coins on the counter and and went away.

She scoffed. "This world is full of jerks like him. Such an arrogant bish!".

"Excuse me!" She heard.
As she turned she was startled by the tall man "Oh! You" she bowed.
"I never thought you'll sell fishes"
He said checking fresh fishes in the basket.
"Will you please be quiet. Just act like you don't know me"she said in low voice.
"If I'll keep quiet then how I'll be able to tell you about your way back home".
"Shhh...come inside!" She dragged him and made him sit on her chair.
"You found a way?" She asked politely.
"Not yet... But soon" he replied.
"Then why are you here?"
"To buy fishes. I m regular here" he said.
"Then buy and go away. Don't talk to me." She said showing him way outside.
"You're being Rude" he said.
"That's what I am" she replied.
" Why else can I expect by a princess like you "he said coming out and again looking at the fishes
"Princess"she scoffed.
"Indeed, I am the princess of my era. My family is one of the top 3 wealthy families in Korea and I am their only daughter. You can't even imagine how hard it is for me to stay here. Even your palaces are nothing infront of my residence. And here, I am in the poorest family. I haven't slept comfortably since I came here.
My lavish life style. My luxurious Spanish bedroom. Those continental meals by top chefs everyday, My limited edition dresses, bags and footwear that I haven't touched yet. My collection of antique art works from around the world and many more. Everything is a waste. And look at me, I am not even wearing a mere silk hanbok." She looked at herself in Pity.

"And you know what's the worse.
I was about to join the company. My father was going to announce the heir. I was going to be famous but then only I am here. An unidentified girl" she added.

"You talk too much. Moreover you brag about yourself too much..... How can there be a better place than a palace. "

"Don't you know! There are places beyond your imagination.
I hope I could take you there to show you but here I m stuck here myself"she said.

"It's alright y/n, just try to be a good person so that you don't need those luxuries to look good.
You're too materialistic. Try to be emotional and think from your heart. That poor family you're with is trying their best to make you happy. They don't have enough money to feed themselves properly but they are making that you have everything. Don't burden them y/n."

"It's not like what you think Namjoon. I know it's not their fault. They are the most humble people I've ever met. I really love them and I owe them. They treat me like a princess in their small House. And Emonie, she gives me the love my own father never gave me. But it's so hard for me to adapt the surroundings. I've lost many things".

"You should focus on what you've gained instead of focusing on your loss. That's the only way to be happy." Namjoon said

She sighed and said "Now leave before anyone hear our conversation".

"Will you please except my payment" he said showing the fishes he packed himself while I was talking.
"It's 15 silver coins" she said and he bowed.
"Let's meet as soon as I'll get a way for you". He said before leaving.

To be continued.